JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like my Gen3 G23 with the finger humps removed. It is a simple fix.
20170902_074736.jpg

I really don't care how someone else wants to waste their money but I'd much rather be looking for another nice early Smith and Wesson. I've got my fill of Glocks and none are chambered in 9mm; so sue me!

Now if I can find a S&W Model 39-2 at a fair price then I will add it to my Collection.

Five generations and they still screw up the grip, this time with a front strap mag cut out when such things are long proven by everyone else in the industry to work best on the sides of the mag well.

It should be of note that NO ONE ELSE making plastic fantastics has copied the high finger bumps of Gens 3&4, nor this front strap mag cut out brought back from Gen 2.

Both are total fail "features" by Glock.

The biggest issue For me and the Gen5 G19 was the half-moon hole cut out of the frontstrap. My pinky sat firmly over that half-moon and I'm sure that would rub me raw.

Just checked out the Gen5 19 at Oregon Arms and Ammunition and probably would have not paid much attention to the cutout, but after reading your comments here, it's most definitely a deal breaker for me.

Im not sure how well that would work. If it started to wear and colapse, it could interfere with reloads.
Right... I was trying to figure out something more solid to back it with, make a two-tape-layer-outside/solid liner/one-tape-inside sandwich but couldn't come up with anything.

Maybe wrap a magazine tightly in Saran Wrap, stuff it up the well and start layering cyanoacrylate into the hole. (Tear the plastic out once done.) Or if you can mold a plastic plug to the right shape, maybe use a soldering iron to "weld" it into place.

Hell, talk to the guys at Lone Wolf, they seem to make every add-on imaginable so maybe they can come up with something. :)

Any way I would get those if I had a compact gun when I get a chance I'm going to look at the new gen 5 g19 I want another 9mm the one in the picture is a G22 40 cal

I am going to put this out there especially for members that drive 40 minutes east to a shop, but live 10-15 minutes from me. If you want to have some no pressure time to compare Gen3, Gen4 and Gen5 Glocks just let me know and I will be happy to help you out.

On the plus side for the Gen5 19, if you are regularly shooting with gloves that groove on the front of the grip may not be something you notice at all. I am sure we could come up with a very simple design for a quick 3D print to compensate for that and personalize your magazines at the same time, providing you are then committed to just using them in the Gen5.

Now if I can find a S&W Model 39-2 at a fair price then I will add it to my Collection.
Yep - always wanted one of these myself but could never find a nice one. I found some sort of 'commemorative' mod 39 a couple years ago in a LGS - in original box and looked unfired but it really felt and looked cheap. Action sucked also.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top