JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have you shot yours yet? What do you think of the trigger?

Not yet, probably next weekend. And yeah, the trigger does feel different. Not what I'm used to. I own 4 other Glocks and this one is definitely a different animal. I like it though, for steel plate drills I think it will work.

I see no point in the Gen 5. My Gen 3s get the job done just fine. Can't see wasting the DOLLARS on something just because they came out with a "New" version. My dollars will go towards something I "Need" and Not on a Gen 5.

I see no point in the Gen 5. My Gen 3s get the job done just fine. Can't see wasting the DOLLARS on something just because they came out with a "New" version. My dollars will go towards something I "Need" and Not on a Gen 5.

Yeah, if you have something that works well for you, I wouldn't give it up. I, on the other hand, like to get my hands on anything I can so I can play with it.

The trigger feels like a very well worked over gen1-4 trigger and I always liked the grip cutout on the gen 1-2 guns as a index point for your index finger when reloading on the run. I have a 500 certificate for a local dealer that I won but I'm still waiting for them to get one on the blue label side of things.

like to get my hands on anything I can so I can play with it.
To me "just because" isn't a good enough reason to spend that kind of money. I once knew a guy who bought Guns just he could be the "First" to fire them. He even bought "Collector" Grade guns for the same purpose. Now that's what I call Dumb. Same thing as the just because excuse.:):):)

To me "just because" isn't a good enough reason to spend that kind of money. I once knew a guy who bought Guns just he could be the "First" to fire them. He even bought "Collector" Grade guns for the same purpose. Now that's what I call Dumb. Same thing as the just because excuse.:):):)
For some of us this is also a hobby. I choose the divert my extra funds to my hobby. I buy things that I want when I want.

I'm going to wait a bit. Make sure they didn't rush them to the market type thing.

Then ya, I'll join you guys.

Been wanting another 17.

I was told today that they are phasing out the gen4's and only selling the 3's and 5's. Wish the would phase them out for less. Or Maybe they will in a few months.
I'll wait on a Gen 5 since the gen 4's had issues at first. Hate to be the sucker that got sucked in..... But I guess it wouldn't kill me haha

I think that's the point. Wasn't much wrong with it. Just some small refinements.

I think is a strength and a weakness...

I'd love some factory changes, but I can certainly mod to my hearts desire in the aftermarket. There are many things I'd change, but there are other pistols for that...well, brands anyways...

Exactly. I like to shoot and I like to talk guns with like-minded folks. I like to try things so my opinions are based on shooting and not something I read on the internet.

Fair enough...

I fall into the latter category, firearms are a hobby for me. I like them, talking about them, shooting them, collecting them, cleaning them, etc...

I have other hobbies which do not retain any value whatsoever, other than intrinsic value. Guns at least maintain, very nearly their original price. Or, even go up in price if I'm lucky, or on a long enough time scale.

Well boys and girls, I couldn't help myself. A Gen5 G17 came home with me. Immediately removed the plastic fieldgoal sights and put on some Trijicons. I was going to get a G19, thinking the lack of finger grooves would keep my fingers from being all jammed up. Instead, my pinky rests right on the oversized magazine access hole in the fronstrap. Wasn't comfortable at all.

View attachment 388221

I saw the cutout and wondered if would be an issue, I'll have to wait until I can get my hands on one to see if there's an issue with the fitment. Scared to buy sight unseen on this one...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top