Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Johnson Creek Gun Club

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Phillyfan, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

So my wife says that I can join a gun club as my X-mas present. Johnson Creek is very close to where I work, and even though I can't shoot my rifles, it seems like a perfect match. Any current members on here have opinions about the place? The application asks about a sponsor, do you need one to get accepted?

2. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

I like it, the ventilation could be a bit stronger but for the most part, I get there at 7pm and can shoot til 10pm, doors lock at 8pm so if you're alone you can totally focus on your shooting, I liked it alot but i'm getting rid of my membership and going to Tri-County, its much closer to my home.

3. Phillyfan

Is it very busy, or are there usually lanes open?

4. SVT-ROY

SVT-ROY Tigard Resident Beretta guru

I went there as a guest on a Sunday morning it was dead. There open 24 hours , you get a key card and the targets are cheap. Good spot. But I'm 2 miles from tcgc so yeah. Although the weather has not been good maybe a membership is a good idea.

5. KenPDX

KenPDX Portland Member

They're open 8am to 8pm 365 days a year. It really varies as to how busy it is. I've been there on weekends alone and I've been there when all but one lane was full.

They've got things to do in the lobby if you're stuck waiting for lanes now. Overall, I'm very happy with my membership and go there at least once a week.

6. FritZ PDX

FritZ PDX Portland, OR New Member

I am a member, its close to home, easy, and cheap. I go shooting at least every other week, and have only seen it full once. (There was some sort of class going on) For me its worth the $120 a year, although in 2011 its being raised to $150 a year. I would recommend it to anyone who shoots pistols.

7. Phillyfan

Thanks for the input, guys. If I get in I'll see you down there sometime.