JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
iomatic, agreed. and in a narrow subway, with a wired crazy? my .32 just may piss em off. so a bit of fighting skills never hurts.

He was saying that hand to hand skills is better than carrying a firearm.. that is patently absurd. I can speak with authority since I teach JKD/MMAs/self defense and I would never go out without a major caliber handgun and reloads. Hand to hand is good for some circumstances and for others it's completely worthless. And BTW a few 32s in the eyes/nose are sufficient to do a lot more than piss someone off

I would think something along the lines of a Keltec PF9 could be a fair choice there would be a good number of ways to carry it during a workout or jog around the park etc.

He was saying that hand to hand skills is better than carrying a firearm.. that is patently absurd. I can speak with authority since I teach JKD/MMAs/self defense and I would never go out without a major caliber handgun and reloads. Hand to hand is good for some circumstances and for others it's completely worthless. And BTW a few 32s in the eyes/nose are sufficient to do a lot more than piss someone off

Um, no, I was not saying hand-to-hand is better. It is just an additional margin before things have to go to gunfire exchange. Surely, you don't really want to go to firing a weapon in all confrontations?

I'm more Shotokan, Muy Thai, and Wing Chun, than MMA.

I say no thanks to me on the ground; how about the other guy(s) instead?! :D

But yeah, how about a .25?

I jog with my Diamondback DB380 in a small nylon holster. The holster is one of those ambidextrous models with the little belt clip. I simply use an old belt and thread the belt over the pistol to keep it more secure against me in the 1:30 position. Works very, very well, zero printing in just a t-shirt, but the holster really starts to stink after a couple months.

I jog with my Diamondback DB380 in a small nylon holster. The holster is one of those ambidextrous models with the little belt clip. I simply use an old belt and thread the belt over the pistol to keep it more secure against me in the 1:30 position. Works very, very well, zero printing in just a t-shirt, but the holster really starts to stink after a couple months.

I'm sure the holster manufacturer has instructions for washing the holster off

Concealed carry while running? Do you carry a snake bite kit, ELT, and a cell phone too? I mean just in case? Either one of those is statistically more likely to be useful during a run. Of course, if you are just doing it because you are a gun guy, go for it. Be a bad a$$ runner. That'll show 'em. Maybe stop and flex a little if there are some teenage girls around? Nothing like the flash of a piece to get the conversation going, eh? I mean, that's what we're really talking about here, right?

Concealed carry while running? Do you carry a snake bite kit, ELT, and a cell phone too? I mean just in case? Either one of those is statistically more likely to be useful during a run. Of course, if you are just doing it because you are a gun guy, go for it. Be a bad a$$ runner. That'll show 'em. Maybe stop and flex a little if there are some teenage girls around? Nothing like the flash of a piece to get the conversation going, eh? I mean, that's what we're really talking about here, right?

I guess we were running low on mindless irrelevant blather, thanks for the refill. :s0155:

I jog just about every day, and usually carry my PF-9 in a thin home-made belly band based on an old pocket holster (which--yes--needs to be washed occasionally).
Why carry? I'm renting short-term, my safe isn't bolted to the floor, and I suspect my landlady would not appreciate my replacing all the doors and frames with steel. My gun is safest when it's on me.
Can't go swimming in that outfit, unfortunately. The top of the slide can occasionally show when I do pull-ups, if I wear the wrong shirt.

CEF: There are no poisonous snakes around here, and my ELT is my cellphone and street signs... But of course you know that, just like you know everyone's motivations for carrying...
You may also know how common crimes against joggers are.

Nice. Actually, I do carry a cell phone. In my fanny pack right in front of my P229 in .40 S&W. I didn't carry until after I was attacked by the first pitbull. Something about having those teeth snapping closed just a couple of inches in front of your face as you pull your head back that makes you think, "Hmmm... A pistol would be helpful right now..." Oh, ya, then once the owner finally gets the dog under control, her turd son comes out to threaten you with physical harm under his "Golden Glove" fists... A reasonable person might believe you were under an imminent threat of harm at that point as well. The second pit that came after me (seven days later) pulled up when he noticed I had stopped and pulled my Sig. I think he was a bit surprised when he came out from behind the parked car and realized I wasn't where he had expected me. I had seen him running down the driveway and stopped, and pulled out the gun. He stood his ground as I slowly walked back the way I had come. So go ahead keep jacking your jaw, I'll keep carrying. But hey, thanks anyway for your words of wisdom...

We have a fair amount of crime on the bike path down here in Jackson county and Medford...a 442 is easy to stash in my bicycle handlebar bag, and I practice, so I can hit what I aim at, as a rule. To offer myself up as an unarmed victim is not part of my exercise plan.

I'm not sure where your coming from with that response. Are you trying to make a joke?
I can't imagine why you would make fun of someone who is carrying some defensive equipment while jogging.

For me, no snake bite kit. But I do have an epi-pen. And a cell phone. I've had to use the phone more than once.
And if I flexed around some teenage girls they would be laughing their heads off. I'm 62.

what would be the lightest, most compact and easily concealable setup you can think of for jogging? I was thinking maybe some really small aluminum or titanium revolver with a built in clip on the handle or something along those lines. Thinking about picking something up at the gunshow this weekend. I would probably be content with a 22lr or 22mag even... Needs to be light enough to attach to gym shorts without any one noticing or having it fall off.

North American Arms .22 mini reveolver

lrNEW2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a S&W 340PD in a bellyband. Those are extremely light. I had one for a while and traded it in looking for a auto. I have since regretted that move and will be looking for one soon. It was a great gun and the only thing I didn't like about it was recoil under full 158gr loads and it was a little thick for front pocket carry, but carried excellent in a coat pocket.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top