JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
what would be the lightest, most compact and easily concealable setup you can think of for jogging? I was thinking maybe some really small aluminum or titanium revolver with a built in clip on the handle or something along those lines. Thinking about picking something up at the gunshow this weekend. I would probably be content with a 22lr or 22mag even... Needs to be light enough to attach to gym shorts without any one noticing or having it fall off.

My gal uses a Blackhawk fanny pack and a M649 Bodyguard .38 with reloads. I use a BHP .40 with two reloads, the fanny pack worn crosswise across one of my shoulders and the pack on my back. We also carry flashlights at night

I often carry a Beretta 21 Bobcat 22lr when walking or working out. It is small, and dependable with the right ammunition. Wished I would not have sold my Taurus 709 Slim 9mm. It was a great lightweight and small carry gun. My own experience is either of those work well.

the little .22 mag belt pistol, or my 'Anywhere' weapon is a 1883 .32 S&W. on the .32 the store bought ones are weak, so youll have to reload or get someone to make up hotter rounds. but it fits in my pocket and not to heavy. my home loaded 90gr go right thru a 2x4 at five feet.

I use a small Galco waist pack and a Kahr PM40 when jogging or working out. It really is the easiest way to go.

Fanny2.jpg

FannyCU.jpg

I knew of a woman that carried an 'old' Colt 32 revolver 4" in a belly band while jogging. Actually she wore it on the outside of the clothing 'open'. She said no one ever bothered her...

hand to hand? ha! look up that story in NYC, a mixed martal arts figher(semi pro?) someting,,, confronted a crazy with a knife, took him down. but man. all cut about the head and what not. ive been shot. it takes the $hit right out of you.
your awake, but man.

You have a few facts about that story mixed up; I'm just saying have LOTS of options for self defense.

You can't race a car without learning to drive.

But yeah, good options posted.

Looks like a Glock to me. ;)

Personally I think fanny packs scream "weapon" and I don't like the way they bounce when running. I find a good AIWB holster will conceal a Glock 19 or 26 under an oversize T-shirt or sweat shirt without a hitch. Not a mouse gun fun, there are good to carry but suck in a fight.
Yeah, that was my G27. I took this pic before I had my PM40.

I for one, do not believe a waist pack screams gun. No more than a bump under a shirt screams gun to the vast majority of the population. Especially not at the gym. If a few people do notice, I could care less. As long as i am obeying the law as far as concealment is concerned.

Taurus LCP or Kel-Tec P3AT, very slim, very light. It's like carrying a cell phone. A clip probably wouldn't hold it very securely but you could use a belly band (probably not the quickest method for drawing, but invisible and secure).
One time I was walking the dog and had my G26 in the cargo pockets of some shorts. Started jogging and man it felt like someone was smacking my knee with a ball peen hammer! Had to stop and try to discretely move it to a different pocket.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top