Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

joggin/workout gun?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by RallySoob, Apr 15, 2011.

1. RallySoob

RallySoob Salem, OR Active Member

what would be the lightest, most compact and easily concealable setup you can think of for jogging? I was thinking maybe some really small aluminum or titanium revolver with a built in clip on the handle or something along those lines. Thinking about picking something up at the gunshow this weekend. I would probably be content with a 22lr or 22mag even... Needs to be light enough to attach to gym shorts without any one noticing or having it fall off.

2. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

My gal uses a Blackhawk fanny pack and a M649 Bodyguard .38 with reloads. I use a BHP .40 with two reloads, the fanny pack worn crosswise across one of my shoulders and the pack on my back. We also carry flashlights at night

3. EZLivin

EZLivin SW of PDX Well-Known Member

I often carry a Beretta 21 Bobcat 22lr when walking or working out. It is small, and dependable with the right ammunition. Wished I would not have sold my Taurus 709 Slim 9mm. It was a great lightweight and small carry gun. My own experience is either of those work well.

4. solman

solman Cascade Mts. WA. New Member

the little .22 mag belt pistol, or my 'Anywhere' weapon is a 1883 .32 S&W. on the .32 the store bought ones are weak, so youll have to reload or get someone to make up hotter rounds. but it fits in my pocket and not to heavy. my home loaded 90gr go right thru a 2x4 at five feet.

5. jer fly

jer fly cottage grove Member

Ruger LCP gets my vote. Very lite.

6. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I use a small Galco waist pack and a Kahr PM40 when jogging or working out. It really is the easiest way to go.

Fanny2.jpg

FannyCU.jpg

7. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

1911 in a cross dray shoulder hostler. It doubles as weight for wrist curls.

CorkTown, mjbskwim, jayleno and 3 others like this.
  8. ROC

ROC Estacada Member

Any of the polymer .380's would be a good option. You could carry a gym bag to the floor and pack whatever you want.

9. Shootemup

Shootemup Clackamas county Member

+1 on the lcp I love mine goes every where with me even when i carry my xdsubcompact.

10. solman

yea if you want anything more than a 'pea shooter' then the belly pack is the thing.

11. AASLTsgt

AASLTsgt TACOMA Member

DEF PF 9 or PF11 light easy plus super compact 9mm vote to LC9 as well

12. iomatic

iomatic Portland Member

Or learn hand-to-hand combat and run lighter? Just a thought, no judgement.

13. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

:werd:

14. 9mm

9mm Issaquah WA Member

Khar PM 9 is good, poly and stainless, no worry of rust, light weight and compact.

15. turq

turq Molino,oregon Member

I knew of a woman that carried an 'old' Colt 32 revolver 4" in a belly band while jogging. Actually she wore it on the outside of the clothing 'open'. She said no one ever bothered her...

16. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

L W Seecamp in .32 or .380 acp

17. solman

hand to hand? ha! look up that story in NYC, a mixed martal arts figher(semi pro?) someting,,, confronted a crazy with a knife, took him down. but man. all cut about the head and what not. ive been shot. it takes the $hit right out of you.
    your awake, but man.

18. iomatic

iomatic Portland Member

You have a few facts about that story mixed up; I'm just saying have LOTS of options for self defense.

You can't race a car without learning to drive.

But yeah, good options posted.

19. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Yeah, that was my G27. I took this pic before I had my PM40.

I for one, do not believe a waist pack screams gun. No more than a bump under a shirt screams gun to the vast majority of the population. Especially not at the gym. If a few people do notice, I could care less. As long as i am obeying the law as far as concealment is concerned.

20. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

Taurus LCP or Kel-Tec P3AT, very slim, very light. It's like carrying a cell phone. A clip probably wouldn't hold it very securely but you could use a belly band (probably not the quickest method for drawing, but invisible and secure).
    One time I was walking the dog and had my G26 in the cargo pockets of some shorts. Started jogging and man it felt like someone was smacking my knee with a ball peen hammer! Had to stop and try to discretely move it to a different pocket.