JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It has come to my attention that nobody talks about carrying while exercising. Maybe this is because no one that carries exercises or that it's just something avoided.....

What ways, methods, firearms, etc. do you use while at the gym, running, bicycling, etc?

My background= avid bicycle commuter, even drop kid off with bicycle trailer at preschool 3 days/week haha, and avid CCer and responsible gun owner. I received quality firearms instructions while serving in the military that mainly had to do with CQB, detainment, interrogation, and many other fun things.

Currently I carry a 9mm in the small of my back with a IWB kydex holster but it does get a little sweaty back there. For trail runs I use my .45acp G36 with OWB kydex holster on my trusty and beefy leather carry belt.

Any ideas or comments would be appreciated! Thanks

While at the gym, I keep mine in my bag.. Running is a different story. Ive since sold all my compacts/subcompacts.. And yes.. Am unarmed while I run :eek:.. Which is something Im seeking to change.

Aside from concealment holster shirts Ive tried a fannypack while running and it just flops around too much.. And the embarassment of carrying in a fanypack is bad enough.. Floping all over the place is just like salt in the wound.. ;)

Granted I do not exercise as often as I should but I know folks that run all the time or walk their dogs who (like me) are armed all the time.

I dress around my gun not exercise around my gun. I am armed 99% of the time. The only problem I can see is I'd have to get a shoulder rig if I rode a bicycle. Besides the exercise I could make my gas last longer. I used to love riding a bicycle.

Granted I do not exercise as often as I should but I know folks that run all the time or walk their dogs who (like me) are armed all the time.

I dress around my gun not exercise around my gun. I am armed 99% of the time. The only problem I can see is I'd have to get a shoulder rig if I rode a bicycle. Besides the exercise I could make my gas last longer. I used to love riding a bicycle.

great ideas. Unfortunately, I am typically unarmed while running. I only open carry my G36 when trail running on less traveled roads.... lots of stories of meth heads. Seen bears... assume cougars are out there but I worry more about humans. Black bears just run from you unless they have their kiddos in which case you're retarded if you don't slowly walk the opposite direction of them.

I feel like I can, for the most part, beat the crap out of most perpetrators out there if stalked by some (I actually enjoy fighting but understand it's not socially acceptable). I run with my dog, a 90lb black lab, sometimes too which is trained to be protective (he's a good pup). At the gym I go unarmed unfortunately and at the pool... well I dream about strapping an MP5 to my back.

I bike, so I use a 511 tactical sling bag. If I'm road biking it I'll just carry my G23 up front w a couple mags. If I'm mountain biking and will be gone awhile I'll throw an HK SP89 in the back . Definitely makes for a bit more challenging overall workout w the extra weight, but I'm used to it. Overkill, to be sure, but I wanna make sure I make it home if all hell breaks loose ;) Once in a great while I'll get the bug to go for a run, so I'll take my trusty Sig 938 in 9mm. VERY concealable and fits great in the hand.

I bike, so I use a 511 tactical sling bag. If I'm road biking it I'll just carry my G23 up front w a couple mags. If I'm mountain biking and will be gone awhile I'll throw an HK SP89 in the back . Definitely makes for a bit more challenging overall workout w the extra weight, but I'm used to it. Overkill, to be sure, but I wanna make sure I make it home if all hell breaks loose ;) Once in a great while I'll get the bug to go for a run, so I'll take my trusty Sig 938 in 9mm. VERY concealable and fits great in the hand.

hahaha holy crap dude! I'm envisioning Die Hard reruns

I do the same with my EDC bag I take with me everyday. Its one thing to have "just enough" but if things ever do "go down" I want enough to actually get home.

I do the same with my EDC bag I take with me everyday. Its one thing to have "just enough" but if things ever do "go down" I want enough to actually get home.

Right?? The wife always asks why the heck I bring "that heavy thing" everywhere. And I always give her the same answer: "that heavy thing's gonna get us home, baby" Then, of course I get the eye roll.....we all know that look, lol

I just have a can of bear mace in my water bottle holder on mine. Unfortunately, I commute to a University and the VA clinic which both ban firearm possession. However, I've never been searched in either place. Heck the only place I've been searched was at the doctors office and he didn't seem to mind the piece.... the 9mm I mean. The nurses never believe me when I tell them that I can drop more than just a couple of pounds by taking my shoes and pants off.

Lol bear mace is better than nothing my friend! I'll at least have a couple knives on me if I have to go into one of "those" kinda places! hmmmm now I'm thinking I need to get me some'o dat stuff! ;) the right tool for the right situation and all, heh heh.

Amazon is my friend. 16 ounces of hell fire. There is a dog park I pass by most days which has a history... Since I've gotten the mace I haven't been chased ironically enough. I like dogs and would have a hard time putting rounds off knowing that the dog is just following its instinct. People on the other hand seem to be a mix bag of good and bubblegum. The bubblegum I don't mind flushing too much.

ha they turned my poo word into bubblegum.

I don't even have prime... I have no idea why I don't. Maybe I will when they start to stock more firearm related stuff. Need a few tid bits for a .308 build I'm doing. I did buy a sweet butt sling shot from them the other day. There's a huge tree in my neighborhood that's sick due to a 20' tall spider inside of it. Apparently shooting it in the eye with a sling shot and stabbing it uncontrollably when it falls on it's potato does it in. Level 5,000 armor is useless against sling shots. Basically told Neil Tyson and Sagan to take their physics and stuff it.....

I hope you got the reference otherwise I'm embarrassed.

Hmmmm...I'm the one who should be embarrassed cuz I don't get the ref :( Then again I'm half asleep so I'll probably wake up in a couple hours and go "aha!!" ;) Level 5K armor takes me back to my D&D days, which now makes me even more embarrassed, lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top