JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been listening to this young woman for some time now. A few weeks ago she appeared on SNL and I told a friend he needed to wach her. I am surprised by how many people do not know of her yet. She is a true singer...not some truTone creation. I have not felt the same feeling listening to a performer since I saw Joan Jett in concert in a small venue 25 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JessieJVEVO

You can distinctly hear Autotune.

Listen to this one and your can clearly here the Autotune

YouTube - Jessie J - Who You Are
Listen to her unplugged stuff. You will clearly see she needs no enhancement. Also listen to her live performances. She is definitely not lip syncing. There is a huge difference between a little reverb and an autotune. I used to run sound quite a bit for live performances. She is the real deal.

Huh. Looks/sounds like Christina Aguilera meets clockwork orange,...

Hip-hop and "pipes" aren't two terms I associate with each other. Range doesn't equal "pipes."

YMMV.

There's definitely autotune in it. Just cause it's live, doesn't mean it not autotuned. Anteres makes an autotune rack unit for live vocalists too.
As for the music? eh... its ok, typical for uk pop. But I'm more of a death metal guy :p

Bravo! when I saw the topic originally about strong female singers the first one that came to mind was Annie Lennox, that's the Eurythmics for all you youngins!

Yeah. Her "Bare" album is awesome. It's all covers with the exception of one song, but she covers a song like no one else can. Her version of "Whiter Shade of Pale" sends chills up my spine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top