JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I like to occasionally contact my Senators and local Representatives to pick their brains on topics regarding firearms. We need to hold them accountable to their political positions even when we know they are pretty far on the other side of the fence regarding 2A matters. Here is a response I received from Sen. Jeff Merkley pertaining to SBRs listed as NFA items:

Dear Jeff,

Thank you for contacting me to share your views on repealing safety measures related to short-barreled rifles in the National Firearms Act. I appreciate knowing your perspective and the opportunity to share mine.

Courts have weighed in on the constitutionality of the National Firearms Act since it was enacted in the 1930s, finding the weapons classifications valid. There is consensus among experts in law enforcement that deregulating a concealable weapon with a lethal range up to five times farther than that of a standard handgun puts people in danger, and especially for our police officers who are tasked with keeping communities safe.

As a native of rural Oregon, I recognize the importance of gun ownership for security, hunting, target shooting, and gun collecting. At the same time, we must, as a nation, take meaningful action to ensure that dangerous, concealable guns do not end up in the hands of criminals or those wishing to harm others.

Thank you, again, for contacting me. I appreciate hearing from Oregonians on issues that matter most to them.

All my best,

Jeffrey A. Merkley
United States Senator

There is consensus among experts in law enforcement that deregulating a concealable weapon with a lethal range up to five times farther than that of a standard handgun puts people in danger,

He left the door open for a SBS, though.

The public is aways the fall guy. They made promises to get whatever position that cost hundreds of thousands or millions to obtain. Usually those promises contain, keeping criminals off the street. Now it's our fault they're out stealing guns?

9/11 or the Patriot Act or something caused us to be willing to put up with these bully tactics. In those sitcom bits from 20 years ago, when the neighbor borrows your power tools then you have to go beg or barrow your own stuff back. Thats current American politics.

The truth is concealability has never really been a significant factor in crimes with regards to rifles. That could maybe have been argued with handguns but now he's arguing out both sides of his mouth. Typical parroting the anti gun talking points with no regard for statistics and facts.

The all wise Consensus must know what's best for us. All hail the "Consensus"
Some people who know some things think something. Cool. Where do you have these "experts" locked up? I'd like to hear how they came to the conclusion that society is safer without SBRs

"Some people who THINK they know some things think something. Cool. Where do you have these "experts" locked up? I'd like to hear how they came to the conclusion that society is safer without SBRs"

Fixed it for you.

I get emails from him from time to time, he is a VERY anti gun, and is always going off on how "We Need To Do Something" about guns, and how he is all over the NRA and doing everything he can to take away the guns! I have not gotten any reply to the number of emails I sent him, other then a Thanks for your reply form letter! Dude is just another Democrook who seems to ride every ones coat tails, instead of actually doing things on his own!

And don't get me started on that P.O.S. Ron Wyden! That dude needs GONE! :mad::mad::mad:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top