JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys I need some advice. Took a buddy out shooting today and when he dropped the bolt it didn't fully engage and now it refuses to pull rearward. Can't verify that there isn't a round in the chamber, doesn't feel like there is when I shove a rod in there. Also looks like the lugs are partially engaged and a small section broke. Yes the gun is dirty but it was oiled and ran fine for about 300rnds today before the jam

4B334F0C-073D-42C0-83C1-5EAA6DB2DDD3.jpeg 0F0A6F43-E715-4B63-A963-DD5803DF69F7.jpeg

I had a similar jam with the bolt stuck and what it turned out to be was a blown primer stuck near the gas key. We took a brass punch and tapped the bolt out. The rifle has worked fine since then. You may have a piece of the bolt broken off and jammed.

Alright guys got it out using a brass punch on the rear of the bolt and tapping for awhile. Looks like it fed wrong and shoved the bullet back into the casing

View attachment 530888 View attachment 530889
I have some of those rounds and was told they are not best used in a AR. Supposedly designed for bolt actions? Just my .02 on what may have caused the problem...

Hey guys I need some advice. Took a buddy out shooting today and when he dropped the bolt it didn't fully engage and now it refuses to pull rearward. Can't verify that there isn't a round in the chamber, doesn't feel like there is when I shove a rod in there. Also looks like the lugs are partially engaged and a small section broke. Yes the gun is dirty but it was oiled and ran fine for about 300rnds today before the jam

View attachment 530876 View attachment 530877
I would take a cleaning rod and runout down the muzzle, easily.
Subtract the difference of barrel length and length of cartridge.

If it pencils out that there is not a round chambered try
"mortaring". At the risk of explaining it incorrectly, AR15.com will
have the info. Please be mindful and keep the muzzle away from
yourself and others.

First Sergeant taught me that one.

Correct me if I'm wrong but do I see powder by the ramps?

PM me if you have further questions. Good luck.

What rounds might those be, and how can you tell just by looking at it? Are they handloads? Maybe they weren't properly sized.
I am assuming they are the same rounds I have as they look the same. They are a varmint round by Winchester I believe. They are not crimped if I remember correctly (which makes sense as to why no go in a semi auto)

Alright guys got it out using a brass punch on the rear of the bolt and tapping for awhile. Looks like it fed wrong and shoved the bullet back into the casing

View attachment 530888 View attachment 530889

You probably drove the bullet into the case when you tried to ''Shove a rod in there''.

I asked about ammo twice?
I'm beginning to think were helping a drunk guy get his car out of the ditch. Just to drive off and kill himself.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top