JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Hello. I'm looking to find/buy a Iver Johnson's Arms & Cycle Works Champion single 20ga barrel only if someone has one sitting around. I have the receiver and forearm stock, just lost the barrel 3 decades ago. I know chances are slim. Maybe someone knows if the 16ga will fit right in those receivers. I have found one of those online. Thanks!

Last Edited:
I also see Numrich has two 16 ga. barrels for your gun. Used factory items.
One is 28", one is 30".
If you look at the list of parts, you'll notice a fore end that fits both the 16 and 20 gauge barrels. This would seem to suggest that both barrels would fit the same receiver.

One is 28", one is 30".
If you look at the list of parts, you'll notice a fore end that fits both the 16 and 20 gauge barrels. This would seem to suggest that both barrels would fit the same receiver.
That's what I was thinking too. Brownells has a 16ga also. Thanks for your help!

One is 28", one is 30".

I guess that's the site I had seen. Hoping for an 20ga but I may get one anyways and hopefully have two for it! One can hope.
E63E1A80-A8C8-4BA6-8744-603AF30777BC.jpeg

Well, I ordered the 28" 16ga. Hopefully with minor tuning it'll fit just fine. Mole gun. I've been using the 870 express but I'd rather use this one. Hate moles.
:s0017:

Congrats on your new purchase.
I hope that works for you. Don't be afraid to ask a gunsmith for help, if you need it. Better to have one look at it, before you try to fit it and "test fire" to see if it works....because if it doesn't....:eek:
...and that gun should work far better than mothballs (my dad tried that. Didn't work :mad: ).
I believe those barrels are full choke. You might want to have the 'smith open that up a bit.
I had my H&R opened from full to modified and its a lot more fun to shoot now.
Good luck and let us know how that works out.

Dean

I'm a technician by trade so I have a sort of knack for things but if it's over my head or I question something, I will definitely get help. Thanks!!

Yep, I used to be, too.
you're welcome. I really hope that works out for you. Those old shotguns can be some real darlings, especially the old singles. Sexier than an Australian supermodel walking a Paris runway. :cool:

Dean

9F9B29AB-BC70-4260-96E0-41EC2F7C6E5E.jpeg
Well, only picture yet but it's a 16ga now. I had to file the mounting and latch areas on the barrel. Some light filing on the lower outside of the chamber area. Very little, mostly to smooth out dings there. I had to put small spacers under the latch assembly for the forearm to latch solidly. Firing pin hitting the primer right on the mark. Shot 8 rounds and works great!! Still will look out for a 20ga barrel.:)

Wow! congrats!
That gun looks amazing!
...if you can, post a short video (or link, if you have a YouTube page). I'd love to see that thing in action.
Very happy for you, man. :s0155::s0053:

Dean

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.