JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Of course it will matter because their focus is going to be the states. And unfortunately Oregon is a prime mark.

I know it is a constant fight but at least we will have a supreme court that will actually listen to state gun law appeals and will likely strike them down. But at this point everyone on this forum should own multiple magazines if the type that might be banned and have several decent firearms that they should not register if registration came around

NY times is biased so I dont really believe anything they publish anymore

Like this paragraph:

"Separately, the coalition is considering taking aim at Congress's longtime restriction on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives from releasing certain data about the use of firearms in crimes. The coalition might also challenge a congressional policy that effectively chokes off funding to government research on the potential public health threat of guns."

what does that even mean? The ATF is about as anti-gun of government agency as possible. There are tons of statistics on what types of guns are used in what crimes. That is how we know rifles like AR15's are actually rarely used in crime. There is a whole frickin agency devoted to crime statistics https://www.bjs.gov/

So I assume it is just the NY times making it look like the ATF is hiding gun data so that criminals can keep using guns?

I call BS.

"The law can save lives without infringing on constitutional rights". And if they think thugs and murderers follow the rule of law they have a big surprise waiting for them.
"The majority of Americans support the 2nd amendment". Exactly so if they are looking for answers as to why they lost the election and why they get so much opposition when promoting gun control there's your answer. Maybe these people are the ones with mental health issues, instead of writing emails telling them about how we are given they right to protect ourselves and family we should send them the names and numbers of revered psychiatrists so they can get some help.:rolleyes:

The extreme Left will never stop, It's like a religion with them. Good news is that it seems the winds of freedom are just beginning to blow back.

The NY Times and most other newspapers are best used for lining the bottom of a bird cage. Or as Lars Larson calls the Oregonian "the daily dead fish wrapper"

Right off the bat they attribute Trump's victory to being "buoyed by the gun lobby's money and support, secured an upset victory in the presidential election."

In statements to The New York Times, some of the firms emphasized that their effort was aimed not at eroding gun rights but at preventing gun violence.

"Those of us working on this effort recognize that the Second Amendment is an important part of our Constitution, and we don't take issue with responsible gun owners," said Brad D. Brian, co-managing partner at Munger, Tolles & Olson. But he added, "There is an epidemic of gun violence in this country, and the law can save innocent lives without infringing constitutional rights."

One fresh avenue of litigation would involve challenging state laws that arguably force citizens and local governments to allow guns to be carried on their properties, including schools, airports, shopping malls and bars. Such laws, the coalition argues, could infringe on property rights and threaten the safety of customers and employees.

So they don't want to infringe on your right to own a gun, they just want to make it "legally impossible" for you to take it anywhere, yet we all know the criminally minded will continue to "do what they do".

These limp-wristed pencil-necks need a full-on punch in their noses.... :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
"Separately, the coalition is considering taking aim at Congress's longtime restriction on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives from releasing certain data about the use of firearms in crimes.
I was curious about this statement too, as far as I know, all you need to do to find infi on firearm use in crime is to look at the fbi statistics- is congress really blocking anyone from releasing crime data?

I was curious about this statement too, as far as I know, all you need to do to find infi on firearm use in crime is to look at the fbi statistics- is congress really blocking anyone from releasing crime data?

I bet it is made up, or just what the author thinks is going on. I'm so tired of having to fact-check every media publication

They only have 1 million readers anyway, only 600,000 paying subscribers. I'm sure they will do anything to keep from dying except telling the truth.

Fake news has been pushed out into the open by all sides, the Times articles are rapidly going the way of the long lost Nigerian uncle.

Right off the bat they attribute Trump's victory to being "buoyed by the gun lobby's money and support, secured an upset victory in the presidential election."

So they don't want to infringe on your right to own a gun, they just want to make it "legally impossible" for you to take it anywhere, yet we all know the criminally minded will continue to "do what they do".

These limp-wristed pencil-necks need a full-on punch in their noses.... :rolleyes:

Now Stomper, that would not make them remember why they were punched in the first place, now if they were throat punched (HARD) then that would seen the appropriate message....:cool::cool::cool:

No one is holding the data, the Dickey amendment doesn't allow the CDC or other Fed agencies to use tax payer dollars to lobby against our rights. Obama had a study done, the results didn't get him what he was looking for and was shelved from my understanding. I'm far from the most knowledgeable on this subject though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top