JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are you assuming this was an accident? I didn't read anything that ruled out an intentional act. Just saying.

yep...

from the story:

Another way to put it was he pointed the shotgun at the 15 year old's face and pulled the trigger. Whether or not he intended to fire is uncertain, but he broke all 4 rules.
I think if they were trying to scare each other they succeeded.

this multi rule breaker is now facing first degree manslaughter charges... +plus an illegal short barreled shotgun??? and the 14 year old girl he injured in the head was his girlfriend???

obviously the district attorney is moving in the right direction.

[ <broken link removed> ]

As my Nephew was reaching shooting age, I would constantly tell him that there is no such thing as an unloaded gun!!! If you see someone with a gun or if one of your friends is playing with one, get out of there now!!!

I was prepping for a target shooting trip with my Brother, he asked me if he could go? I pulled my pistol (he knows i carry) pulled the mag, cleared the chamber, then locked it back. With nothing in the chamber and no mag, i asked him if the gun was loaded? He said, no, you just unloaded it. Wrong answer Zach, there is no such thing as an unloaded gun!

Months later, before another trip shooting, i did the same thing except this time i removed the slide, guild rod and barrel. Asked the same question, this time he said yes! I asked him what made think it was loaded? His response, this time was, "There is no such thing as an unloaded gun!" We took him on his first trip the next day. He has come a long way and i couldn't be more proud of his progress as a shooter!

Remove the curiosity! Safety! Safety! Safety!

Lefty.

BTW, my prayers are with the families. I pray my family will never have to go through this.

Last Edited:
That is the key with young boys. Curiosity. Remember how we were at that age?
I remember doing the most foolish things at a young age. My Dad had a large collection, but I was not well educated in the safety aspects...

Many a time as a boy I would pick the lock on the gun closet when no one was around (it just took a butterknife), and I would play with every single gun, even holstering up the Western Rig and and practicing quick draws in the mirror with his antique Colt revolver...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top