JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking at getting into some longer range rifle shooting and would like to compete

I would like to know what kinds of events and competitions are going on in this area before I start building or buying a rifle.

is there such a thing as a regional or even National competition calender?

I mean I can easily find out about every used record show in the country how about shooting?

The Oregon site does lead to a calender. Looks like both TCGC (Tri County) and JCSP (Josephine Sportsman in Merlin) have F class as well as some Military events I could get interested in (I have both an M1 and M1903 that both would qualify for various events)

The OSSA [oregon state shooting association] should be posting their High power match schedule soon for 2012. Any of their matches you can shoot your M1 or 1903 . Most people use a AR15 I don't have one so I use my M1. We had one today at Estacada Rod and Gun club. It was a little challenging in one of the legs using my M1. We shot 88 rds. Two sighters and 20 rds. for score at four different legs. All scoring was rapid fire. A different kind of match, but still very fun.

Douglas Ridge Rifle Club[DRRC] has M1 [CMP] matches about 5 times a year. If you've never been you should make it a point to go. I'm at most of DRRC matches when not working. Sometimes at Tri-County. They also have matches for your M1 and 1903.

HotRod

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top