JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking at getting into some longer range rifle shooting and would like to compete

I would like to know what kinds of events and competitions are going on in this area before I start building or buying a rifle.

is there such a thing as a regional or even National competition calender?

I mean I can easily find out about every used record show in the country how about shooting?

The Oregon site does lead to a calender. Looks like both TCGC (Tri County) and JCSP (Josephine Sportsman in Merlin) have F class as well as some Military events I could get interested in (I have both an M1 and M1903 that both would qualify for various events)

The OSSA [oregon state shooting association] should be posting their High power match schedule soon for 2012. Any of their matches you can shoot your M1 or 1903 . Most people use a AR15 I don't have one so I use my M1. We had one today at Estacada Rod and Gun club. It was a little challenging in one of the legs using my M1. We shot 88 rds. Two sighters and 20 rds. for score at four different legs. All scoring was rapid fire. A different kind of match, but still very fun.

Douglas Ridge Rifle Club[DRRC] has M1 [CMP] matches about 5 times a year. If you've never been you should make it a point to go. I'm at most of DRRC matches when not working. Sometimes at Tri-County. They also have matches for your M1 and 1903.

HotRod

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads