JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a couple of Colt original AR magazines and they seem to be about the same size as the 10 rounders that everyone else is selling. I would try 20 rounders first before spending too much money on long ten rounders. They should give you the profile that you are looking for.

Sure, You can shorten a magazine--I remember I wanted another mag for my 45 acp AMT Backup and I was too cheap to pay for it, so I just cut down a stainless 1911 mag at the bottom & rewelded the base plate on. It was an interesting lil' project and I enjoyed having something to do. Normal folks just buy the mag they want though
Ah, so you're Abbey Normal?
231011__44937.1342531071.380.500.jpg

I've made a couple of them just for the fun of it, the most trouble for me, was trimming the bottom so the floor plate would fit just right. The tabs will break if you bend them too much either way. I use them in my Mossberg MVP, they will work in the AR as well, a dremel tool is your friend.

Crazy as it may seem some States actually have limites on how many rounds you can have in your rifle during Hunting Season. Five seems to be a common number. I'm not sure why but...

You know the old saying, "With a long enough lever and a roll of duct tape, you can shorten an AR magazine."

not really

Nope just tried it that duct tape didnt work.... which brings me to the next question how is a good way to get duct tape out of a barrel ? I tried a steel rod but it didnt work. :rolleyes:

Nope just tried it that duct tape didnt work.... which brings me to the next question how is a good way to get duct tape out of a barrel ? I tried a steel rod but it didnt work. :rolleyes:

Better question is how the heck did you get duct tape IN the barrel?

Oh hey the real reason I came back here to the post ( my friend;)) found 3 steel 10rds in the box along with 10rd AK's.
So will have to find another project.......

Oh hey the real reason I came back here to the post ( my friend;)) found 3 steel 10rds in the box along with 10rd AK's.
So will have to find another project.......

Always nice to find parts, especially when they had been forgotten about!

Crazy as it may seem some States actually have limites on how many rounds you can have in your rifle during Hunting Season. Five seems to be a common number. I'm not sure why but...

They have 5 round limiters that you can put in magpul magazines. Not sure about any other magazines.

Found 20, 30rd 7.62x39 Yugo mags ( my friend) forgot about he had traded to a guy in Texas still in the shipping box from 5 years ago LOL
Hence why he was cleaning up the shop need to take inventory but I know he is not the only one who has this problem:s0140::s0140:

Last Edited:
They have 5 round limiters that you can put in magpul magazines. Not sure about any other magazines.
The drawback to those is that it puts the requirements for determining "that" on the "Wildlife Officers". I think it would be better if it were "cleanly" a 5 rounder. If I were doing the "Check" I'd write the Ticket and let the Judge settle the issue. That's what he gets paid for.:):):)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top