JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't heard about this head shot business, in fact police qualification here is two in the torso and one in the head, it's a good drill for determined subjects who are slow learners.

But anyway almost all ranges I've been to up here in the Puget Sound area do have a 1-round per-second 'speed limit' -so there really aren't double-taps, sad to say.

Probably because of the Rambo wanna-be's being idiots at one time or another.

You don't need a safe to purchase a gun there, I bought more than a dozen guns there (handguns, long guns and shotguns) and it was never required. I guess they could have changed that. It is ridiculous, to purchase a handgun in california you have to take a "handgun safety" test and pay $25. The test is absurd, "If your child wants to shoot your gun, you would a) give it to them and tell them to point it at someone, b) hand it to them unloaded, etc..". I used to live in Santa Barbara and go to a gun show in Ventura (30 miles away). None of the local gun shops would do transfers for the gun shows, so you would have to buy the gun, wait a long time, and pick it up in LA (90 miles away). Sorry, kind of highjacked this thread.... I wouldn't even bring an AR there if I were you, sure it might be legal but if you are seen with it then that will probably bring more trouble than it is worth.

I have some family members that live in N. California. I was thinking of bringing my (normal) Colt Govt./LEO carbine down on my next visit so we could do some plinking.

Reading the Cali regs, it looks like they had some law about no AR rifles unless the 10-round magazine is "perminantly" attached to the rifle, etc. etc. etc. is this still true? It sounds crazy! :confused:

That's why I'm in full support of the State of Jefferson. :s0155:

http://www.jeffersonstate.com/

You don't need a safe to purchase a gun there, I bought more than a dozen guns there (handguns, long guns and shotguns) and it was never required. .

I just escaped from the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia 3 years ago , and yes you must have a State approved storage device and show proof at the time you pick up your weapon.:s0054: I am SOOOOO glad to be back in the Northwest.

Effective January 1, 2002, no firearm may be sold, transferred, or manufactured within California unless that firearm is accompanied by a DOJ-approved firearms safety device.

Not safe but safety device. Here.

I have some family members that live in N. California. I was thinking of bringing my (normal) Colt Govt./LEO carbine down on my next visit so we could do some plinking.

Reading the Cali regs, it looks like they had some law about no AR rifles unless the 10-round magazine is "perminantly" attached to the rifle, etc. etc. etc. is this still true? It sounds crazy! :confused:

i think the word they use is "progressive".

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top