JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
HUmmmm..Wonder what the price of brass will be at that time? I told a neighbor check out tire stores & junk yards for lead. If an UN-friendly Government slithers back in power, all foreign lead will be banded, then outlawed entirely. Those with thousands of rounds will be screwed.. Copper will take a great hike in price. .

HUmmmm..Wonder what the price of brass will be at that time? I told a neighbor check out tire stores & junk yards for lead. If an UN-friendly Government slithers back in power, all foreign lead will be banded, then outlawed entirely. Those with thousands of rounds will be screwed.. Copper will take a great hike in price. .

Id rather be screwed with thousands of rounds, than wishing I had some when I or my family needed it.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
-
George Washington

So how many rounds exactly would that translate into?

• Well, you should have enough set aside to practice with, say 1,000 rounds. No amount of ammo will help if you can't hit anything. (+1,000 rounds)

• During hard times even good people turn desperate watching their family starve. Keep extra food for others. Some people are not so good and will be a real threat. Add another 500 rounds. (+500 rounds).

• We should keep in mind that with all the disinformation, a lot of confused people may be shooting at each other and maybe at US! So add another 2,000 rounds to fend off the Disinformed and Armed (those DARM idiots). (Some of them are very well-armed). (+2,000 rounds).

• Include some to share, barter or sell. (+1000 rounds).

• Lastly, to maintain our independence from a tyrannical US government, we should set aside 100,000 rounds each.
    Of course we'll go out like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. (+100,000 rounds).
So there you have it; people should try to set aside around 104,500 rounds of ammo. And maybe a tank.

Post 1639, all that I am doing is stockpiling ammo. Trying my best to continue to support my LGS with these purchases. In addition I have been reloading for a few years and have also recently signed on to the AmmoSquared subscription service. The subscription service has me receiving ammo every other month, and its been really great.

Well heck, I've been buying and stockpiling ammo since, well probably before you were born. Ammo never gets cheaper. I've got ammo that I bought years ago that is worth more right now than if I put the money in the bank and let it draw interest and had offers on it to prove that.

The answer to "how much ammo should I have?" is "one more case".
The answer to "how much ammo is enough?" is one more case.
The answer to the question of "how much is too much?" is "I don't understand the question madam!" (see: Harry and Tonto - movie).
The answer to the question of "how much ammo is too much?" is "more than I have". Unless than you are on fire or swimming, then the answer is generally moot.
The answer to "How many magazines should I have?" is "at least a dozen more".
Neostratos has the right idea, but is a little low, I'd say by at least one more case of ammo.
"Stockpiling" sounds bad, try using "hoarding".
Hope this helps.

Last Edited:
Accumulating for years. I'm a generous father and grandfather so my responsibilities are great.:D

ammo.jpg

Of course now is the time to buy. Prices are low, and one could consider to buy whatever they want or need while the prices are low no matter how limited their spending money is. If they had $5.00 a week for ammo, or supply, that would go a long way with these low prices. Just buy consistently. I recall my WW II uncle who fought in Europe, after his dad, did the same in WW I. His mandate was that a person should always have a firearm and ammo compatible with government arms and munitions. He also provided this instruction, I must have been 9-13 years old, that one should never get close enough to a threatening bad person with a handgun where the hand gun could be taken from the good guy. Buy low. Business cycles and government administration come and go.

There are those who simply cannot afford it, & If or when the time comes .....
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately" ---July 2nd 1776 Benjamin Franklin

Of course now is the time to buy.

A person can go on the Midway site, find all kinds of stuff. Many items reasonably priced. Watch for free shipping sale that these days pops up often. Yesterday I pushed the button for some specialty shotgun rounds, some bullets and .22 LR stuff. Oh, and a few AR spare parts. At one time, I had some of those door breaching 12 gauge demolition rounds in my cart. 540 grain encapsulated lead shot projectile. At $22 a box, I cut it from my order. I would probably never use such. That's for the cops who want to sneak up and bust a door open quickly. Me, I'd just use an 8 pound double jack sledge hammer when nobody was around.

I'm thinking the days of mail order ammo may be coming to an end in the not too distant future.

It's hard to say about how things will play out. But spending money on ammo that you sock away, might be a good idea because money keeps losing value. So long as the ammo remains unfired, it still has a money equivalent. Even the empty cases have a residual value. But if the laws get snarky with ammo like they did in Calif., who knows how that might affect value. How the future unfolds in terms of need for ammo would be a big factor in that. Said another way, if all Hell breaks loose, laws wouldn't mean much. And I as an individual hope that doesn't happen. And it probably won't but I still have the ammo to shoot.

Here's why I still go to the WAC gun show:

862 rounds of 7.62mm NATO,
2160 rounds of 5,56mm M193
770 rounds of 5.56mm M885
And the GI cans were included.

GtihHQr.jpg

GVH4HsO.jpg

cib5fzG.jpg

This. The seller said, "There are 500 rounds in this container." I said okay, and we moved on. When I got home, I thought, "Hey, those larger GI cans used to hold 840 round of 5.56mm ammo loaded on clips, packed in cardboard and stuck in bandoleers. So I decided to check weigh the contents and there were actually approx. 1,300 rounds of M193 LC 09 in this can.
yZR9QC2.jpg

So I paid $239 for this entire lot of ammo and counted it pretty much as a gift. The seller had no prices on the items on his table. I guess people walking by figured, "regular gun show prices." I asked about some M1A mags he had for sale on his table. He said $5 each, so I bought all six, then moved over to his ammo where he said five cents a round for the M193 and ten cents a round for the M885 and 7.62mm NATO. By the time he and I had gone through all those cans, people were lined up behind me seeing what was going on.

ZkDg58x.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top