JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was thinking maybe it would be advantageous to store uppers separate from the legal firearm (frame or receiver) when possible.

I have not heard of any reloading components being taken in a ERPO seizure but it wouldn't surprise me if it happens.

Not much point to doing so tho, IMO, unless it's simply easier for secure or organized stowage in general.

Because, apparently, they're just going to do whatever they want to do anyways.

..and not much point to having uppers & reloading gear/components without being able to use them.

Do kinda see your point tho. Best would simply be to stay away from the crazy.

I have said since this crap started to keep some guns where they would not be found. We started doing this decades back but not for this reason. Back when we only had a couple guns at any time. Read about some poor old guy who heard someone in his attached garage. He ends up shooting the scum who came after him. So Police of course took the shotgun he used for evidence. News scum reporter caught up with him at some local department store where he was buying another shotgun so he would have protection. Scum reporter tried real hard to show it was horrible he was doing this. At that point I told Wife, we are going to make sure we have a gun or 2 that are not going to be lost is something happens. So we will have a gun for protection in this same kind of situation.

I personally believe that 'they' will come after ALL reloading equipment, ALL reloading supplies and ALL extra ammunition NOT only ALL firearms and firearm extras/parts/magazines in ERPO situations AND in ANY FUTURE new gun laws, new bans, new magazine capacity laws IF you have any type of gun that holds a magazine, more and more strict regulations, etc.

AFTER seeing how Trump and others (R/D) thought that due process should be ignored while he LOVED the idea of new RED FLAG LAWS - it is all right there staring you in the face. (There were already LAWS on the books for THOSE specific situations anyway but most people FORGET that!)

Plus LOOK how the bump stock deal went down with Trump and even if I or WE did NOT own one or want one - it was HOW IT ALL CAME DOWN! Plus people were NOT reimbursed for their goods that the government NEVER BOUGHT FROM THE GITGO!

Ban it, destroy it properly or turn them in to the authorities by that former DEADLINE - DATE because if you owned one and still have one - you are now a CRIMINAL! Trump had his mind made up there - I do not doubt that at all.

What makes you think that it will not be any different in any other GUN, GUN PART or GUN THING or GUN related matter whether Trump is still in office or some other R or D or whoever takes his place?!

LOOK at how many R and D leaders have pushed RF Laws and how many more are chomping at the bit in cities, small towns, rural areas and across ALL states now no matter where they are situated! Places where people said that those BANS, restrictions and RF Laws would N E V E R ever happen!

I have said this before and I will say it again - that they (R/D/?!) WILL come after reloading supplies and ammunition NOT only GUNS. If you don't have anything to FEED your gun - you might as well BUY some spare baseball bats and some good knives, axes and 'hawks.

Your guns are now some pretty expensive CLUBS!

YOU should BUY those tools anyway for your yard, house and self defense NOT just for camping in my not so humble opinion. I think that pitchforks are good to have on hand too. I am dead serious too.

IF they take your guns and ammunition and if the authorities KNOW what a reloading set up LOOKS like and they READ or SEE what you have in reloading stock in your home - that is all GUN related 'stuff' aka GEAR!

Where is the safe hearing act for gun folks?

What about the national reciprocity act?

NO R or D is saying jack squat about those things including Trump. NO one will give you an honest answer when you ASK the politicians about those things either. What a big fat joke aka a LIE!

They must be too busy complaining about the past election, tweeting - ugh, pointing fingers and whining.
The Rs and Ds and our fearless leaders (LOL) are so VERY pathetic when it comes to standing up for WE the PEOPLE!

Old Lady Cate
Added more.

Last Edited:
If you have to worry about burying or hiding a gun IF it all comes down - you missed the point of the RKBA - The Second Amendment in a VIOLENT TYRANNICAL SITUATION. The POINT is that you don't bury or hide a gun and you use it in those circumstances to defend or save your life and your family. You use it to defend your country against foreign and domestic enemies!

My opinion.

I am NOT advocating for this to happen so please do NOT take it that way. If some of you think that it is time to bury them - it is time to DIG THEM UP and not bury them at all.

My opinion.

Now, would some people bury or hide guns in other places for themselves and other liberty minded people to use or to defend themselves if we got INVADED or if WW3 started? Yes, I do believe that some people have already done those things or might do those things and/or might be thinking about it.

We don't bury our guns and we don't hide our guns. We do have a couple of guns out for self defense in our home and the few others are locked up. There are no children here.

A handgun is ON the body (Conceal or open carry for my husband. Properly holstered.) or carried in our hands (Rifle for me or for him.) and when we leave the house the guns are locked up. But the house is locked up and IF a criminal breaks into a locked house and steals any item - he is a thief.

Your mileage may vary. NO problem.

(Yet, look at all of the homes where people grew up with guns IN the homes and they were NOT all locked up and hidden away and you did NOT SEE all of the craziness, murders and so called ACCIDENTS! The parents, mentors and schools taught about gun safety issues and personal responsibility too! Sorry, I got off track there.)

We don't have uppers, lowers and so forth because we don't own some of the firearms that some of you own.

On another note...

If you want to own a second firearm or more than two firearms in case one is taken into a police station for EVIDENCE if you used it to defend yourself from a criminal - that is another matter. You will have to wait for the investigation to finish and for your only firearm - one firearm to be returned. Hopefully, it will be returned to you in GOOD CONDITION or as nice as it was when they took it away from you.

The old saying that one is none and two is one may work for some people or not.

1 = 0

2 = 1

^^^

The new math - grin.

I mainly use one specific rifle now but there are a couple of other rifles that I can shoot well too. They belong to my husband.

Old Lady Cate
ADDED more.

Last Edited:
If you have to worry about burying or hiding a gun IF it all comes down - you missed the point of the RKBA - The Second Amendment in a VIOLENT TYRANNICAL SITUATION. The POINT is that you don't bury or hide a gun and you use it in those circumstances to defend or save your life and your family. You use it to defend your country against foreign and domestic enemies!

My opinion.

While all that sounds great, I have to live here in the real world and deal with what could happen now. I will not end up like the old guy who had his only source of protection taken as "evidence" and be left to hope I can run to the store and buy another to hold me over. Do I like this? No, not at all. Can I change it today? Sadly no. So since this is the world I have to live in for now I make sure Wife and I are protected if this happens.
In the mean time I keep trying to get both gun owners and even those who do not own guns to vote for people who will not put us in these situations. So far that is not happening. I will keep swinging at that for the rest of my time and hoping. In the mean time if we had to use a gun for protection and it's taken as evidence, or even if the house was to burn down, Wife and I will not be standing at the store hoping the gods above will give us permission to buy another gun while we wait. Especially now in this state where to buy a hand gun our permits are worthless, we have to wait. Normally with our CLEO the wait is going to be the full 10 Bus. days. As long as I have other guns for the time being I can live with the wait. Don't like it but, for now this is what the voters wanted so this is what the voters got. I keep hoping this will change:s0054:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top