JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was sitting here looking through all of my normal sites to find some ammo and had a thought. Would it be possible to start some threads for people to swap ammo? I have a few calibers that I have a decent amount of and would gladly trade for other stuff I am shooting more of. The two parties could come to an exchange ratio agreement and meet up to swap shells. Any thoughts? Is it permissible on the forum?

If it can be done I will gladly help organize regions with someone. And will throw out that I have 22LR, 22WMR, 17HMR and .38Spcl ammo I could horse trade with

I was sitting here looking through all of my normal sites to find some ammo and had a thought. Would it be possible to start some threads for people to swap ammo? I have a few calibers that I have a decent amount of and would gladly trade for other stuff I am shooting more of. The two parties could come to an exchange ratio agreement and meet up to swap shells. Any thoughts? Is it permissible on the forum?

If it can be done I will gladly help organize regions with someone. And will throw out that I have 22LR, 22WMR, 17HMR and .38Spcl ammo I could horse trade with
Just put the thread in the ammunition classifieds and mark the for trade box.

1613066496925.png

"Trade" threads are all over the classifieds.

That being said......YES, I've participated. But, mostly only with primers.

Example trading: 1:1, Small Pistol for Small Rifle or vis versa (or other combinations/variations of the theme).

Note that: many people have purchased Rem 6 1/2 primers.....thinking that they are suitable for reloading .223 Rem. WRONG. Read what the Remington website says about that.

So then....
On occasion....I've traded with some people to help them out. Why? Well, I use the Rem 6 1/2 for my 9mm loads. Of course, Rem doesn't recommend that either.

For liability....
I'll say to use ONLY data that is recommended in your reloading manual or published by a known/reliable resource.

And then....
Yeah....if you choose to experiment. Well, experiment at your own risk. And as always.....when changing components.....start low and work your way up.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews