Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

IPSC sunday at Paul Bunyan

Discussion in 'Competitive Shooting' started by Boris Bush, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Boris Bush

Boris Bush Tacoma Member

This sunday the 11th.

How much to shoot?

How much ammo should I bring?

Any Info at all would be nice.

I shot alot of IDPA in the late 90s and early 00s, but never shot an IPSC match.

Educate me!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Hotwheelz

Hotwheelz Pierce County Member

I run the steel match at paul bunyan on the 3rd sunday but I have shoot there match 3-4 times here is what I remember

Cost $20

ammo I would think 200-250 should cover you

You may want to contact Dave Farrow here is the Paul Bunyan web site http://home.att.net/~BSEditor/ there is a a section for club contacts has his phone #. You may need to get there early to get a quick saftey check before the match call Dave he will let you know.

If you have the time and ammo come shoot some steel with use the 18th of Jan.

3. RickB

RickB Greater Seattle area Member

You do have to have a Safety Check card, or evidence that you've shot USPSA previously, to shoot the match.
    Match fee is $20.
    Bring at least 200 rounds.

4. wsu 5.9er

wsu 5.9er Spanaway WA Member

How does someone get started in this? Punching holes in paper is fun but starting to get a bit boring....

5. SteveZ

SteveZ Lake Stevens, WA Member

I'd recommend starting here:

http://northwestsection.org/index.html

Lots of good information about getting started. While it hasn't been "officially" announced yet....look for a Beginning Practical Shooting 2-day class at Renton around the end of April. When the details have been finalized, an announcement will be posted here.

6. Aristotle13

Aristotle13 Kent, WA Member

Contact Dave Farrow and ask him about getting you a safety check. He may ask you to get there early to do a safety check.

David Farrow

253-838-2002

He puts on an awesome match and is a great venue, I'll definitely be there as usual this Sunday.

Registration opens at 9am, match starts at 10am.

then IDPA at Renton the following weekend.