JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Today was literally a blast for me! I connected on this forum with roundball58, and he took me out to an outdoor shooting range. I have a little experience shooting a hand gun at a still target indoors, but I have never shot at a moving target before. I had to look online to have any idea about skeet and 5-stand before going. I want to thank roundball58 for his courage to take a newbie out and give private lessons. Since he had a membership at Tri-county Gun Club, I was able to tag-along as a guest. I shot skeet and 5-stand, and I felt like I did okay. I hit some, and missed a lot more. Because it was my first time shooting at moving clays, I went out with low expectations. I surprised myself a little. Commendations to roundball58 for treating me to the amenities of his club and camaraderie, private lessons and tutelage (what a chore for him), venison loaf and Pepsi, and the opportunity to load and shoot his flintlock. For a few minutes, I stepped into Daniel Boone's shoes, which was way cool! I'd like to give a shout out to Joe Link for providing this forum. No doubt, a large part of the reason for this forum is to help us connect with fellow shooters, hunters, and enthusiast's of making a loud bang safely, while breaking clays! I joined a few days ago, and I never thought I would connect with someone else so soon. So, thanks Joe! I cannot begin to say how green I feel on this forum, and yet all of you have been so nice and tolerant of me being a newbie. Thank you!

Tri county does 5 stand?

Oh hell yah!

I think I just found my reason to want to join.

One of my most favorable things to do with a gun.

Sorry, don't let my excitement take away from my gratitude for your story and sharing your experiences. Sounds like your on your way to enjoying the shooting sports and a recreational shooting passion. Welcome aboard and happy shooting!

Glad to hear you had fun today with a flintlock...If you ever want to shoot an original one...I know a guy who has a few....:D
Here are some that you could shoot...
DSC06557.jpg

DSC06822.jpg

DSC06814.jpg

DSC06824.jpg

Sorry, don't let my excitement take away from my gratitude for your story and sharing your experiences. Sounds like your on your way to enjoying the shooting sports and a recreational shooting passion. Welcome aboard and happy shooting!
Oh, not at all! In no way did I feel you were taking away from my story; rather, you were adding to it! I was super-impressed with the facilities at Tri-County, and it offers a smorgasbord for the avid shooter. Yes, I am really getting into the sport of shooting!

Tri county does 5 stand?

Oh hell yah!

I think I just found my reason to want to join.

One of my most favorable things to do with a gun.

When they were open to the public many moons ago, we would go up and shoot the woods walk for sporting clays......with a 28ga stack barrel! I believe the trail is still there.
You think 5 stand is fun? wait til you you do the woods walk. It was behind and around the skeet field.The trail would be worth a membership. Too bad their list is so deep to get in.

When they were open to the public many moons ago, we would go up and shoot the woods walk for sporting clays......with a 28ga stack barrel! I believe the trail is still there.
You think 5 stand is fun? wait til you you do the woods walk. It was behind and around the skeet field.The trail would be worth a membership. Too bad their list is so deep to get in.
Ya, my times at TriCounty we're only at the 100 yard range shooting paper as a guest. I've seen the target bays, and shotgun areas, but never did I think they did 5 stand.

Do they have a league for it? Teams?

I signed up to the waiting list the other day after reading about it. Also started looking at shotguns again lol.

We have a shotgun range local to my area that does trap, skeet, 5 stand, and sporting clays. Some people take UTVs around the sporting clays course while others hike it. I like 5 stand cause you can be lazy and still get all the crazy moving targets lol. 5 stand is a lot of fun. If you've never tried it: I highly recommend going out somewhere that does 5-stand. Places like that and the local range here also rent out over/under shotguns if you don't own a suitable shotgun for shooting clay pigeons. They have ammo too...Just bring eyes and ears and some money and they'll hook you up with hours of fun! :) Or bring your own guns and ammo and they'll provide the moving targets. They only ask that your ammo be 7 1/2 shot or smaller...no steel shot. lead only. They don't want you messing up the trap houses with steel shot.

If you're in King County, WA: Seattle skeet and trap club is located out in Ravensdale, WA. open tues 11a-4p, thurs 11a-4p, sat 10a-3p, and sun 10a-3p to the public.

If you really want to shoot at some moving Targets let me next year between OCTOBER AND JANUARY.
Lol .
You need one of these to call the target in close though. MVIMG_20190219_143224.jpg MVIMG_20180922_122218.jpg

A wagon full of these helps out too.
If you can shoot skeet then you can duck hunt.
The only difference is you can eat your target.
But if you don't cook it right .
There will be no difference between eating a clay pigeon and a dead duck.LOL MVIMG_20190219_143831.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top