JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Also that thing is not a suppressor, it is hollow and at best a flash hider or a airsoft type toy,
and the price indicates that. Similar suppressors (in appearance) are closer to 1,000.00
not $129 to $199 :/
They are not empty hollow tubes either.

again, since you seem to be stuck o the whole solvent trap issue, I am not disputing the use of or legality of a solvent trap. Specifically the use of a known suppressor manufactures ratchet attach "can" for use as one. It is more or less saying, "Oh that suppressor part? I just use that to clean my gun". It's not an oil filter.

What ever, you have derailed the thread and any reasonable discussion is now out the window

Nothing to derail. It just is what it is.
http://www.airsoftoutletnw.com/pts-aac-spr-m4-replica-silencer-qd-flash-hider-black-ccw

What ever, you have derailed the thread and any reasonable discussion is now out the window

lol

Actually I think I did that because I can't access eBay from work and assumed that you meant the solvent adapters instead of the traps...never even heard of these things until this thread.

I guess that's a really fine grey line. I mean, an oil can was meant to filter oil and it happens to be a decent firearms suppressor. Owning one isn't illegal and owning a bolt that happens to go on it and your rifle isn't either....however....owning a part called a "solvent trap" designed specificaly for firearms, I would assume, is in a different ballpark than an oil filter designed for a car...because, like what Taku pointed out, where do you draw the line?

Oh well...sorry for the thread getting so beaten up over a seemingly harmless start.

I am also sorry for the disruption, but this solvent trap thing has been around for a long time and it is used by the anti's all the time to stir up media and other anti's and it gets damned old for such a benign object. It should just die and be gone. It can be construed to damned near everything at the local hardware store. I am already pizzed at having to go through the third degree to buy a can of spray paint.
I will be a sob if I want to go through that to buy a drill bit, a tap, or an oil filter or part to fix my sink or toilet.
:s0117::s0127::s0127::s0127::s0075::s0075::s0075::s0118::s0118::s0118::s0118: :s0137: That feels better..........:s0005:

If I would have known AAC made fakes I would never have bothered with the post. I actually looked at there website before making this post to see if they sold a fake. I actually find it pretty amazing that a high end suppressor company would make a mock suppressor.

again, since you seem to be stuck o the whole solvent trap issue, I am not disputing the use of or legality of a solvent trap. Specifically the use of a known suppressor manufactures ratchet attach "can" for use as one. It is more or less saying, "Oh that suppressor part? I just use that to clean my gun". It's not an oil filter.

They don't they just license a maker to duplicate their product as a replica using the name. It is $$$
Many companies do the same thing. Just another revenue stream.

You guys are all completely missing the point. That point being that the linked solvent trap is in fact an advanced armament suppressor can.

We are not talking about an oil filter or threaded adapter. We are talking about a ratchet attach suppressor can
Yes - that is so obviously NOT a solvent trap.

I just got off on the whole "solvent trap" thing, which I had never heard of before (in this context).

Yes - that is so obviously NOT a solvent trap.

I just got off on the whole "solvent trap" thing, which I had never heard of before (in this context).

No it is a FAKE Airsoft toy licensed to look like a suppressor with their name on it.
http://www.airsoftoutletnw.com/pts-aac-spr-m4-replica-silencer-qd-flash-hider-black-ccw

The Solvent trap is a solvent trap unless you commit a felony by turning it into something else. Until then it is a solvent trap, and a Mag light is a mag light until you turn it into an illegal device, but that can be said of about 90% of the products, tools and repair parts sold on the market today. Mag light, sink drain pipe, Abs Pipe, Shop vac extension, Galvanized pipe, black pipe, etc, etc. All are what they are until transformed into something they are not.
Get the point ? Be careful before you have to have a permit and tax stamp to buy a washer, a nut, a tap, hell even a welder or a lath or ???? (endless list)
Might even have to get an ffl to transfer that used shock absorber.......
Can you all spell can of worms....................................... The left loves to create em.

Last Edited:
But yes - until there is an ATF letter on the issue of solvent traps, I would consider it to be a gray area to be avoided until such time as a letter is published.

Close, but not quite (read the very last paragraph from the ATF):

http://johnpierceesq.com/?p=667
Well unlike the Sig brace,you probably won't,or shouldn't be carrying this around with you.Maybe just keep it dirty in the cleaning kit?
Now if you start carrying this around with you to the gravel pit while shooting,then you may have problems.Just make good choices with them.Don't have an end addaptor with a hole the correct diameter for the gun you are shooting that day.
And don't go using it for those pesky coyotes or dogs that are harassing your chickens.
But if SHTF,who's gunna give a hoot?
Or hear one

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews