JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am very glad to see the rise in first time ownership, especially for women and minorities, and HOPE they take the time to learn how to use it properly and safely with practice. However, I continue to wonder how many of these first time buyers also voted for the same people, "common sense laws," and additional gun control laws that are limiting their own rights? Gives me hope that what we hear from "news" and politics is not an accurate reflection of most of America. On the plus side, with more women and minorities buying, eventually these laws will be ruled as discrimination and racist. Unless of course Brandon does Gun Control like his Mortgage Plan: If you're a white male, all laws, wait periods, and licenses apply. If your a female or minority, you bypass background checks, get a 20% discount, instant CHL approval, and a goody bag with a suppresor, 10 hi cap mags, and a monthly 1000 round supply of lung blowers to make up for sexism and reparations.

Shelby said she's filling out the paperwork for her handgun permit. She said the entire process could take from a year and a half to two years before she's able to purchase a handgun.
1-1/2 to 2 years to get a permit? Yikes.

Similar commentary in today's WSJ (link to full article text): Progressives Convinced Us to Get a Gun

It's hypocritical to urge Americans to disarm while also failing to protect them from surging crime rates.
This is what is happening to our family—once vigorously anti-firearm and now reluctantly in possession of one.
The author (actually, his wife) may now be a gun owner, but still far from being a true Second Amendment supporter.

...The author (actually, his wife) may now be a gun owner, but still far from being a true Second Amendment supporter.
More likely than not: "We've got ours, so no one else NEEDS theirs."

So more likely than not will remain anti-2A. Perhaps even more vehemently so.

Unfortunately.

(It's rather sad that "those types" of folks don't recognize there is no justification necessary whatsoever. Firearms ownership isn't a privelage.)

Growing up, I never imagined I would have a firearm at home. But I am reassured to have one, even if I've never held it myself.
Our decision to acquire a gun

Somehow I get the impression it wasn't "our decision" but rather "her decision". He got lucky and married a strong and practical woman. She needs to get him down to the range and teach him how to shoot that thing.

From Gerard Leval, the author of, "Progressives Convinced Us To Get A Gun"
Today, my wife has a gun that she keeps in our home. She has the necessary permits from the authorities and has trained extensively in using the gun safely. Growing up, I never imagined I would have a firearm at home. But I am reassured to have one, even if I've never held it myself.

Sounds like both Mr Leval and Mrs Leval need to start dating other men. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top