JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
anyone ever use the do it yourself stuff? I want to make my shop super insulated and getting some bids. But need to know if anyone did it themselves.

Thanks!
No but there are some horror stories where the stuff wasn't done right, even by large professional companies and pretty much destroyed the whole structure.

Why not just go with good insulation and sheet rock or plywood? We did this on a big pole barn and it works just fine.
So my shop is 32x86. 32x56 will have insulation. It's a stick build, osb sheets, and metal siding. With Sheetrock. It gets hot as hell here. It will have a gas furnace. But in the summer, that's when insulation really has it's benefit. My office is in there. Closed cell blocks heat transfer. Something bating doesn't do.

my uncle had his large shop done, the stuff works amazing. We are an extremely handy and construction knowledgeable family and there was no way we were tackling this by ourselves.

I'm a ex insulation contractor,( I have about 15 yrs exp. ) my advice is have a pro do it! It will be more cost effective in the long run. The do it yourself tanks don't get the coverage they claim.
Get a few bids and don't necessarily go with the cheapest pick there brain and go with the one that sounds like they are the expert they claim to be!
It is a far better insulation because it stops all air infiltration and of coarse that is what makes insulation work correctly no air flow.
Anyway if you have any questions pm me and ask

Stacy

Thanks
So two bids today. They say you can close off all venting to attic. They claim it's better than correct venting. Says it keeps hot air out.
Thoughts?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads