JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yesterday I was listening to Lars Larson and he was talking about a system where your assigned a number. So first time you go through the BG check and then when approved, you get a number. Then your able to buy a gun, when you buy the gun, the dealer then takes the number and the system only needs to check for the time the number was issued to present. This could be do annually or bi annually, sounds like a great idea to me.

Also, so why are people so against Face to Face background checks. I think it would not a totally bad idea if we had to go to a gun store of FFL and paid them lets say 10 dollars for handling the paperwork and the 10 for the background. I don't have a problem with F2F now, but if worse comes to worse, I am not totally against that. At least you have a very good record of who your selling to. When I have sold i get a copy of DL and make a receipt, but you can never be sure and I think that times like right now, that would have cut down on the people buying guns just to sell them for profit. Image going into a gun shop and the gun you are buying 2nd hand is 100 dollars more than a new one. Wouldn't that make people a little more honest?

Universal checks, not into it, registration of guns, no way.

How about NO background check on those of us who have a CHL? Simply a check to the issuing sheriff either online or by phone to make sure said CHL is valid. If it is then you walk out with your gun.

Makes sense to me. If you have a CHL then you've obviously passed a background check.

You guys actually know of gun stores that run NICS checks for $10? They're $40 most places this side of the river. And here they have said they want a form filled out leaving some question as to where that form will go after the transaction. Of course being Washington we have to consider a sales tax. Then there is no infrastructure for doing State background checks which means that fee might have to be raised because we all know how efficient the government is at running everything. Now about those people with mental illness these checks were suppose to stop, well the government hasn't figured out how or what records should be included - if any. Of course we all believe criminals won't just use a qualified straw buyer anyway and when caught find someone else. Question? Has there ever been a real study showing criminals actually acquire their guns from private sales and not the black market or burglaries? Don't think so.
Bankground checks on private weapon sales are just an anti-gun scam to gather registration information and to build on as time goes by so further restrictions can be added. Final step will be the type of confiscation carried on in CA aand NY.

I'm curious how many of those who are in favor of "universal back-ground checks" really think the Oregon State Police purge their system at the end of the day. I don't do conspiracy theories, but have very little doubt they have records of the checks they've done...

I'm curious how many of those who are in favor of "universal back-ground checks" really think the Oregon State Police purge their system at the end of the day. I don't do conspiracy theories, but have very little doubt they have records of the checks they've done...

And you'd be correct.....they keep them for (at least) 5 years:

http://www.oregon.gov/OSP/Pages/id/fics.aspx

So what does your conspiracy foil tell you about why they need the type and serial number of firearm purchased (even new) when they are only background checking the person?

Here is my thing about F2F BCGs. The other day the OSP BCG unit was "down." Who really knows if that was intentional or an accident but, what else can you not sell to someone else without the government giving you permission? They aren't mom and dad. The government continues to overreach it's authority to "parent" all of us. The Supreme Court has already ruled that someone else's irrational fear is not grounds for infringing upon the rights of someone else who is not causing that fear through any violent or confrontational actions. If I open carry and that bothers someone else, if I am not breaking any laws or acting erratically, it's not my fault the person is scared at the mere sight of guns. Not to mention that UBCGs leads to registration, we all know it. Maybe not this president, maybe not the next but, just like the damn drone program, SOMEONE will abuse it.

It's funny that most of the politicians that are anti-death penalty are also anti-gun. I see this as hypocritical. You are anti-death penalty because you don't want to even have the remote possibility of killing an innocent man, so you will give a lesser sentence to the majority to protect the few. However, on guns, you are more than willing to persecute the majority to impact the minority. It's OK to revoke the rights of the majority of American's because less than a thousandths of a percent of gun owners MIGHT commit a murder. That's bullbubblegum. Just as they are all screaming we need new taxes and fees and such because gun owners need to somehow carry the burden of gun crimes in the US is bullbubblegum. The Antis are trying to make all gun owners appear to be criminals and I am sick of it. No more gun laws of any kind. We have given up too much.

I've never paid a dime for a background check in WA. Transfer fee & sales tax, yes, but no fee for background check.

We have to pay the Oregon State Police $10 to act as a middleman between NICS and the person conducting the check. And the OSP can deny you even if NICS approves you. Hopefully one day the Legislature will smack down the State police for inflating their budget with an illegal tax on firearms purchases.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top