JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We are looking to purchase and install a tow package in our Jeep (baseplate, break assist, etc). Been trying to deal with Camping World which has been a nightmare.
I am going to call around today to find another place but was also wondering if anyone on the forum has similar work done and could recommend a local place. We are in Camas. Will be going with a package from Roadmaster. I don't have all the tools to do it myself so would rather have a pro do it. Merry Christmas and happy holidays and TIA!

You could try overland/off road places. One I know of that has many good reviews is Lolo Overland, out in East Portland. I've never had any work done there, but I did visit for free beer and BBQ (that's how they get you). Another is Ironman 4x4 America in Willsonville.

-Robert

Believe it or not I had U-Haul do it for one of my cars years ago and they did OK. That's a sample of one and it was a long time ago. There are some great Jeep forums out there who could probably direct you to a place that can do a good job on specifically your model Jeep.

I had the local mechanics recommend U-Haul for a tow package and am happy with the work. (Jeep Wrangler Sport)

Are you talking about a hitch to pull a trailer or a hitch to pull the Jeep with another vehicle? I think there's some confusion on here.

Hitch-Masters up in Portland off Cornfoot road ( south side of the Airport) is THE place in town for that kind of stuff! Don't know if their still around, or in the same location, but they are/were THE go-to for all tow behind rigs, spendy, but very high quality and well worth it!

Hitch-Masters up in Portland off Cornfoot road ( south side of the Airport) is THE place in town for that kind of stuff! Don't know if their still around, or in the same location, but they are/were THE go-to for all tow behind rigs, spendy, but very high quality and well worth it!
Seems like there a tow bar may be a more specialized item, so this could be a really good idea.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews