JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thought I would share with you guys my story on my APL.

So I bought an Inforce APL for my S&W M&P9 at the beginning of November. I am all excited when it arrives and immediately install it on my M&P. It seems a little looser than I would like so I put a little more tension on the screw... POP. Screw snaps about 1 thread short of the nut. I pull the screw out and examine, okay, well maybe I have enough threads to get it to still work or maybe I can get the other end out and just find a replacement screw. I punch the shaped nut out of the other side and find that it is not possible.

So I contact Inforce, via email, requesting a nut and screw. They tell me I must ship the entire light back because the "Engineers have determined it is more complicated than just a nut and screw." This puzzles me because, it's just a nut and screw... So I call and talk to a very polite lady there. I explain I'm not a complete moron. That I have already removed the pressed in shaped nut and if they just send me replacements I can re-install and be more gentle. She agrees and says she will have them shipped out. Awesome. 1 week goes by and I get nothing. I am literally typing the number in my phone when I get an email (the cosmos were turning or something) from Inforce explaining the "Engineers" are demanding I send it in, but they DO provide a shipping label. Feeling defeated I ship my light in.

Three weeks later... (granted one of these was short due to Turkey Day) I call asking whats going on and where is my light. The lady from before asks if I installed my light on an M&P or a Glock 19. I respond in the affirmative that it was an M&P. She explains that some of the lights were improperly sized and they are ordering new extended screws to fix the issue but, they are waiting on these to arrive, approx a week or two.

I'm kind of irritated, but not much I can do at this point. Anyway, so here I am, waiting for my light to return, perhaps Santa will smile upon me.

IMAG0123_zpse9woff8a.jpg
IMAG0119_1_zpskehgz5og.jpg
IMAG0116_zpstrk299lz.jpg

Still haven't got it back. For the week or so I had it it appeared to be a great light. I'm sure once I get it with proper mounting ability it will be a great light. 9 days later though and still no light. Kinda ridiculous.

UPDATE! Or rather a lack of update. Called Inforce today, they are still waiting on the "new and re-engineered screws." Said it would be at least another week before they mailed it out. I explained to them I bought my light nearly 2 months ago and this was ridiculous. Lady just said sorry and that was it. Next time I'll buy a Streamlight.

UPDATE! Or rather a lack of update. Called Inforce today, they are still waiting on the "new and re-engineered screws." Said it would be at least another week before they mailed it out. I explained to them I bought my light nearly 2 months ago and this was ridiculous. Lady just said sorry and that was it. Next time I'll buy a Streamlight.

Dang, I am sorry too hear that Norm.

Are you going to ask for a refund or wait it out for the new screws?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top