JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A little late for Earth day, but it was nice morning up on the Peak. Did come home with 2 large donation bags. Fortunately I beat the garbage man to my house. They barely fit. Did you know the make zombie targets now with plastic human organ looking attachments. They even ooze different colors when you hit them. Just what we need, more plastic in the forrest. I even forgot to shoot the pistol I took.
20200501_075027.jpg 20200501_075033.jpg 20200501_083024.jpg

As you venture back to the woods to enjoy the shooting sports, a few things to keep in mind...

There is trash out in the forest. Pack some trash bags and do a cleanup! Use gloves and a trash picker. Remember, we can't and won't be organizing group cleanups for quite some time this spring & early summer but the trash still needs to be removed. Please get what you can and BE PART OF THE SOLUTION!

Use reusable targets and target stands. Avoid single-use targets and homemade plywood or pallets as target stands. They will only get destroyed and no one wants to haul them back home. If you do use single-use targets and stands, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE TO REMOVE THEM FROM PUBLIC LANDS! It's an integral part of the public land shooting rules.

Make for an easy cleanup and USE A LARGE TARP to catch your spent casings and hulls. Being responsible is easy!

A place may look good to for shooting but may be too close to trails, forest workers, outbuildings, bodies of water, rivers & streams or may have no proper backstop. Avoid those areas. There's plenty of forest to FIND A SAFE PLACE TO SHOOT.

Use the heck out of that high earthen berm backstop by sending all rounds into the backstop! It is illegal and dangerous not to use and earth backstop! Remember, NO ROUNDS LEAVE THE RANGE!

Public land is a treasure to use but is a tragedy to destroy. Do what you know is right by helping to preserve its natural state. This will also HELP KEEP IT OPEN!

#StewardshipKeepsItOpen, #TrashNoLand, #RandomActsOfCleanups

Setup Example.jpg

FYI I just got this email from onX hunt, the outdoor mapping program. Looks like they are being proactive in helping people ID places to shoot or hunt. I'm not trying promote these guys or their product, I just think it's kinda cool.

Especially with the recent thread about WA people "turning in" businesses like gun shops etc. These guys appear to be doing the opposite by promoting "grass roots" education about where u can shoot and recreate.
ABAC3920-693A-4531-BD9C-ED98040859DD.jpeg
3F06F256-C22B-4FEC-854E-5CB7A28EFEEA.jpeg

FYI I just got this email from onX hunt, the outdoor mapping program. Looks like they are being proactive in helping people ID places to shoot or hunt. I'm not trying promote these guys or their product, I just think it's kinda cool.

Especially with the recent thread about WA people "turning in" businesses like gun shops etc. These guys appear to be doing the opposite by promoting "grass roots" education about where u can shoot and recreate.
View attachment 695672
View attachment 695673
Thanks for the note, Ilike. I've started a relationship with onXmaps. They have donated some Premium Membership cards to Trash No Land and I have plans to use them as fundraiser help. They also gave me their Guide discount so I could buy and use the program in OR & WA.

I really like it because you can be sure if you are on public or private land and can see where the designated trails are (and when we preach about knowing where the trails are, before you shoot, this is an excellent app to have for target shooters).

It's not just for hunting anymore!

View attachment 695672
View attachment 695673
I wonder, though, if they could help when agencies shut down places to shoot. It seems to me it would be the same thing as closing access to a trail. First I would think we should ask the agency why and if they can't give a viable reason, then perhaps we could submit to onXmaps for help. I just may dig into this a little further so I have a good handle on what we can do.

Again, thanks, Ilike! I also received that email when I got home this evening.

Bill

There might be more to it. Officer is on the way out there. It was not reported stolen or anything but had a bunch of womens shoes and barbie dolls and such in it. Pretty odd. Also, I just saw that:

Screenshot_20200512-200739.png

One of the problems with this type of situation... we never hear the final outcome. I'll try not to speculate and hope we hear some facts soon. Thanks.

Oh yes, who knows if it is linked to a missing person or something or if someone just dumped it. But then,why wouldn't you at least take the licenseplate off? That gonna be a fun awakening for whomever this is registered to lol

Without group cleanups this spring/summer, you can still make a difference. Show your support for the shooting sports and your respect for our great outdoors by committing Random Acts of Cleanups! Send us your pics and details of your efforts so we can share how the recreational target shooting community is caring for our public lands.We will also forward your good deed to your local forest agency so they know that shooters care.

Have fun, be safe and Trash No Land!

#TrashnonaVirusCure, #RandomActsOfCleanups, #StewardshipKeepsItOpen, #TrashNoLand

Trashonaviruscure.jpg

I made a new window sticker depicting target shooting on public land. This one I drew, printed to paper, cut out and traced to the vinyl where I then cut it by hand. If I have these made up at a print shop, they will be much better quality than me and my exacto knife can do!

So, what do you think? Does it say "Target shooting on public land"? Or does it miss that mark? Think it would be a popular sticker? Accompanied with the TNL sticker might help direct people where to learn more.

Hoping for some feedback before I go spend money on having some made up.

PL TS Sticker 1.jpg

i like the sticker.
Something to consider :
Having a statement like :
Shooting on public lands...Keep them clean.
Under the "ground" on the sticker.
Andy
Good idea. But gotta keep it a real short phrase because the letters will need to large enough to read from a little distance (like I think the TNL sticker letters are a bit too small).

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top