JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When shooting on public lands, shoot like a rock star! Use a #Backstop, boyz! Every shot will be a Greatest Hit!

Backstop Boyz Greatest Hits.jpg

Here's an opportunity to join in on a community cleanup event sponsored by the Oregon Hunter's Association - Yamhill Co, OR.

This will be on BLM lands just West of Carlton, OR, in the Trask hunting unit. Here's their Info:

Sat, June 20th. Meet at 9 AM.
Google Maps: 45°18'40.3"N 123°24'46.0"W
GPS: 45.311184, -123.412777
Their Facebook Event info: Public Lands Shooting Site Clean-up

Who: Any and all are welcome.

What: BLM public lands trash clean-up

When: We will be set-up by 800-830 am for a 9am start time. We would like to be done and clear by noon before it gets warm out, and allow everyone to enjoy their day.

Where: Twenty-five minutes west of Carlton. See the below map for areas of focus. A small group of folks will be assigned the trash spots within each area. We have more detailed maps for each area.

How: We will provide trash bags and have basic latex gloves. We also have 5 gallon buckets for brass. We have 1 truck and trailer on standby ready for trash. We will likely need a couple more volunteers to go to the dump afterwards. OHA-YC will cover the dump bill.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to join them, as I had met several of them at a meeting they invited me to speak at. Lots of great folks and I'm happy to help.

Post here if you plan to go and I'll send them a body count from NWFA.

Bill

Here's an opportunity to join in on a community cleanup event sponsored by the Oregon Hunter's Association - Yamhill Co, OR.

This will be on BLM lands just West of Carlton, OR, in the Trask hunting unit. Here's their Info:

Sat, June 20th. Meet at 9 AM.
Google Maps: 45°18'40.3"N 123°24'46.0"W
GPS: 45.311184, -123.412777
Their Facebook Event info: Public Lands Shooting Site Clean-up

Who: Any and all are welcome.

What: BLM public lands trash clean-up

When: We will be set-up by 800-830 am for a 9am start time. We would like to be done and clear by noon before it gets warm out, and allow everyone to enjoy their day.

Where: Twenty-five minutes west of Carlton. See the below map for areas of focus. A small group of folks will be assigned the trash spots within each area. We have more detailed maps for each area.

How: We will provide trash bags and have basic latex gloves. We also have 5 gallon buckets for brass. We have 1 truck and trailer on standby ready for trash. We will likely need a couple more volunteers to go to the dump afterwards. OHA-YC will cover the dump bill.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to join them, as I had met several of them at a meeting they invited me to speak at. Lots of great folks and I'm happy to help.

Post here if you plan to go and I'll send them a body count from NWFA.

Bill

@Cogs

XO said that I get a kitchen pass, see you there tomorrow am.

The forest is a beautiful thing! Let's not trash it!

In the Trask unit in Yamhill County, Oregon, a few folks from the OHA-Yamhill Chapter are fed up with trash in the forest. They called for some Boots On The Ground action! I share that feeling so I joined them today, Sat June 20,2020.

Also represented was the Rep for the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, a couple members from the website forum NorthwestFirearms .com and an on duty OSP officer paid his respects.

It was wet, but hey, this is Oregon! We do what we gotta do! Thank you all!!!

Bill

Oregon Hunters Association - Yamhill County
#StewardshipKeepsItOpen, #CleanupToShoot, #RespectRecreation

6-20-20 Trask Cleanup 1.jpg

6-20-20 Trask Cleanup 2.jpg

6-20-20 Trask Cleanup 3.jpg

6-20-20 Trask Cleanup 4.jpg

6-20-20 Trask Cleanup 5.jpg

6-20-20 Trask Cleanup 6.jpg

6-20-20 Trask Cleanup 7.jpg

6-20-20 Trask Cleanup 8.jpg

6-20-20 Trask Cleanup 9.jpg

6-20-20 Trask Cleanup 10.jpg

6-20-20 Trask Cleanup 11.jpg

6-20-20 Trask Cleanup 12.jpg

6-20-20 Trask Cleanup 13.jpg

6-20-20 Trask Cleanup 14.jpg

6-20-20 Trask Cleanup 15.jpg

6-20-20 Trask Cleanup 16.jpg

6-20-20 Trask Cleanup 17.jpg

6-20-20 Trask Cleanup 18.jpg

6-20-20 Trask Cleanup 19.jpg

The BBQ unit was dumped at the edge of the parking area where we met. We used it for lunch but everyone complained the hamburgers were cold and really mushy! Gee, I wonder why! :D

Actually, I have that Virus Target in PDF file, if anyone wants one. I just need an email address to send it to. It's 11 x 8 1/2. PM me if you want one.

Or, @Rem700..300, his wife Tracy, @Cosimel and I will be handing out a few of these at Mary's Peak, West of Corvallis, this Saturday, 9-Noon, along with Information for Shooting on Public Lands. Other free targets, ear protection and more too!

Spreading the word like a virus!!!! "Be responsible when shooting on public lands. Clean up when done. Respect the forest. Support the shooting sports."

That was our Target Shooter Info Center message today at Mary's Peak, West of Corvallis, OR. Thank you for the help @Cosimel and TNL Board members Tracy and Craig ( @Rem700..300 ) . We talked everything under the sun about guns. Not a whole lot of shooters today but all we met were very supportive.

One Gent passed by and went shooting without visiting us. He wasn't sure what we were or what we were doing there. When he came out, he was packing a 40 gallon trash bag full! We called him over and thanked him for doing that on his own, without our prompting him to do so. He just does it every time he goes shooting. I treated him to 100 rounds of 22 ammo as an appreciation for his stewardship. He then turned around and said "Now that I have more ammo, I'm going back to shoot some more!" When he returned, he had another full bag of trash!

We had a great time visiting with the boys who were sporting the classic rifles! So cool!

Called it a day about 12:30 and I went to visit my brother in Eugene where he treated me to some Wild Boar Garlic-Sage- Jalapeño Breakfast Sausage! Yep, gonna love that!

Lots of classic sports cars and big Harley's out enjoying our great outdoors! A regular parade! Nice day all round!

6-27-20 MP Info Cntr 1.jpg

6-27-20 MP Info Cntr 2.jpg

6-27-20 MP Info Cntr 3.jpg

6-27-20 MP Info Cntr 4.jpg

6-27-20 MP Info Cntr 5.jpg

6-27-20 MP Info Cntr 6.jpg

6-27-20 MP Info Cntr 7.jpg

6-27-20 MP Info Cntr 8.jpg

6-27-20 MP Info Cntr 9.jpg

6-27-20 MP Info Cntr 10.jpg

Jim & Bill 1.jpg

Spreading the word like a virus!!!! "Be responsible when shooting on public lands. Clean up when done. Respect the forest. Support the shooting sports."

That was our Target Shooter Info Center message today at Mary's Peak, West of Corvallis, OR. Thank you for the help @Cosimel and TNL Board members Tracy and Craig ( @Rem700..300 ) . We talked everything under the sun about guns. Not a whole lot of shooters today but all we met were very supportive.

One Gent passed by and went shooting without visiting us. He wasn't sure what we were or what we were doing there. When he came out, he was packing a 40 gallon trash bag full! We called him over and thanked him for doing that on his own, without our prompting him to do so. He just does it every time he goes shooting. I treated him to 100 rounds of 22 ammo as an appreciation for his stewardship. He then turned around and said "Now that I have more ammo, I'm going back to shoot some more!" When he returned, he had another full bag of trash!

We had a great time visiting with the boys who were sporting the classic rifles! So cool!

Called it a day about 12:30 and I went to visit my brother in Eugene where he treated me to some Wild Boar Garlic-Sage- Jalapeño Breakfast Sausage! Yep, gonna love that!

Lots of classic sports cars and big Harley's out enjoying our great outdoors! A regular parade! Nice day all round!

View attachment 715485

View attachment 715486

View attachment 715487

View attachment 715488

View attachment 715489

View attachment 715490

View attachment 715491

View attachment 715492

View attachment 715493

View attachment 715494

View attachment 715495
Awesome job gentlemen and lady. It's great seeing a positive face for the shooting community. Thank you all very much.

Regulated Use is in effect in the Tillamook State Forest. Be sure to pack your Fire Prevention Equipment every time you go out.
Minimum gear is a 27" shovel with an 8" blade, axe, and a gallon of water (some forests may require 2 gallons water), or, the shovel, axe and a 2.5 lb fire extinguisher (some forests may require up to 5 lb).

Check with your local forest agency.

http://tillamookstateforest.blogspot.com/p/fire-season.html

Tracy and I spent most of the day roaming around up on Upper Neal Creek today outside of Scio. Had great intentions to get Tracy more practice with her new pistol but ended up picking up trash around most of the loop that you can drive. Weather was sunny then mountain fog. New utility trailer worked great. Most spots were well abused but cleaned up pretty good. Met some great people at the first quarry. They came up to shoot as we were cleaning up. They knew of Northwest Firearms but not sure if they are members. They jumped right in and helped. It was greatly appreciated. A lot of shooting trash and late night party in the woods trash. Even a shot up door and compressor. Some pictures of the day. Not in order. IMG_26451.jpg IMG_26181.jpg IMG_26131.jpg IMG_26451.jpg IMG_26181.jpg IMG_26131.jpg IMG_26161.jpg IMG_26211.jpg IMG_26201.jpg IMG_26271.jpg IMG_26281.jpg IMG_26311.jpg IMG_26321.jpg IMG_26341.jpg IMG_26401.jpg IMG_26521.jpg IMG_26461.jpg 20200703_200846.jpg

Tracy and I spent most of the day roaming around up on Upper Neal Creek today outside of Scio. Had great intentions to get Tracy more practice with her new pistol but ended up picking up trash around most of the loop that you can drive. Weather was sunny then mountain fog. New utility trailer worked great. Most spots were well abused but cleaned up pretty good. Met some great people at the first quarry. They came up to shoot as we were cleaning up. They knew of Northwest Firearms but not sure if they are members. They jumped right in and helped. It was greatly appreciated. A lot of shooting trash and late night party in the woods trash. Even a shot up door and compressor. Some pictures of the day. Not in order.View attachment 717708View attachment 717709View attachment 717710View attachment 717708View attachment 717709View attachment 717710View attachment 717711View attachment 717712View attachment 717714View attachment 717715View attachment 717717View attachment 717718View attachment 717719View attachment 717720View attachment 717721View attachment 717722View attachment 717723View attachment 717724
Great day for you two! Thanks a ton! Hope your 4th is a day of celebration for our great nation and you enjoy every minuet of it!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top