JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi Bill
What have your contacts said for the state forests if anything yet. Trying to find info out down here but no response yet.
Thanks
Craig
I haven't heard of any forest being closed. Just the facilities like campgrounds and such.

However, I think the Stay At Home order pretty well shuts down going to the forests. Not sure yet.

Washington State Forest lands, managed by WA Dept of Natural Resources, will close tomorrow, March 26.

OLYMPIA – The state Department of Natural Resources (DNR) today announced the closure of all DNR-managed lands to the public. The closure goes into effect tomorrow – Thursday, March 26 – and will last through at least April 8.

90704612_1387886204752699_4188585268225245184_o.png

I don't think this is nessecary. Seems like Hilary needed to look like she's doing something. I don't think it would make any difference on the spread of the virus (not in the forest).

So... with Oregon and Washington ordering a Stay Home order, does that mean no Target Shooting on Public Lands? There has been a huge increase in gun and ammo sales lately, and that means a big need to go practice shooting. There is also the fact that a lot of shooting ranges have closed down, so, that means more use on public lands.

So, are you prepared already or do you need more range time to be ready?

Could always use more practice but I did just get a handgun and haven't been able to shoot it yet, which is a bummer.

Been trying to get some snapcap practice to get some muscle memory going, I remember a drill from my handgun class, balancing a shell on the barrel and firing smoothly to try to keep it on.

I assume public lands will be packed with people trying to "social distance"., So I haven't gone out to try.

Could always use more practice but I did just get a handgun and haven't been able to shoot it yet, which is a bummer.

Been trying to get some snapcap practice to get some muscle memory going, I remember a drill from my handgun class, balancing a shell on the barrel and firing smoothly to try to keep it on.

I assume public lands will be packed with people trying to "social distance"., So I haven't gone out to try.
Anybody ever try those laser snap caps (not boresighter)? I bought one a long time ago and never got around to trying it. It has an iPhone app that tells you where you hit on the target as I recall. The one I have u just use paper targets not a special laser receiver or anything.

Trash No Land March Member Giveaway 2020
Membership Page

Time for our annual March Member Giveaway! There's still time to get in on it!

Each year, we randomly select 1 member, from each of our qualifying supporting membership levels, to receive a special bonus gift of appreciation. The qualifying membership levels are Ambassador, Protector and Knight levels. Those who have signed up for one of these supporting levels in 2019, and from January through March 29th 2020, will qualify to be selected to receive a bonus gift for that level.

Selection will be held on Tuesday, March 31st 2020. You only need to be a supporting member in one of these qualifying levels to be selected.

Deadline to sigh-up for a qualifying membership support level is Sunday, March 29th, 2020.

One member, from each membership level, will be selected for the gifts listed below. Shipping or delivery included to Oregon or Washington.

This year's bonus gifts are:

Ambassador Level:

1 HatPoint Target Stand.
View attachment 669726
Includes stand and 2 durable white polymer target mounting uprights. A tough polymer target stand that is easy to use, lightweight, stackable, portable and "Made in the USA". Donated by HatPoint Targets.

Protector Level:

1 Glock Survival Knife.
View attachment 669727
Donated by a private individual. This knife is new in Sheath (no box). Equipped with a sturdy saw at the back of the blade and a polymer sheath.
-AND-

1 HatPoint Target Stand.
As described above, but without the 2 polymer uprights.

Knight Level:

1 Coffee-Bullets-n-Beer.
View attachment 669728
Donated by Sporting Systems, Vancouver, WA. Includes 1 bag of Black Rifle Coffee, 300 rounds of 9 MM 124 grain Rainer HP bullets by Minuteman Ammunition and a 50 Caliber BMG Bullet Pint Glass by Lucky Shot. Shoot, we'll even throw in a Sporting Systems hat!
-AND-

1 'HomeFront' Hunting Knife.

View attachment 669729
This premium knife, designed by Ken Onion. Is made and donated by Columbia River Knife & Tool!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are currently a supporting member registered as an Ambassador, Protector or Knight, you are automatically entered. Each new member will still receive our regular appreciation items, as listed on this membership page below, and will also be entered for this extra bonus gift (must be registered as Ambassador, Protector or Knight by the end of March 29th, 2020).

Thank you for supporting our efforts to promote responsible target shooting on public lands. We work for, and with, you, (without compensation), to provide education & information materials, sponsor cleanups, promote responsible shooting, encourage stewardship in our great outdoors, and work at improving public safety, personal safety and fire prevention in the recreational shooting sports. We work to save our places to shoot!

Support at any level you can. We really appreciate it!
Membership Page

Thank you to our supporting vendors: HatPoint Targets, Sporting Systems and CRKT Columbia River Knife & Tool.

Member Drawing Results

The winner of the Protector Level Membership goes to Charles S. of SW Portland. Congrats! He will receive the Glock Survival Knife and a HatPoint Target Stand.

There were no winners in the Ambassador or Knight Levels because we do not have members at those levels yet. We offer the annual drawing to members of the Ambassador, Protector and Knight levels.

This is the first year we've done annual member drawings and is also the first year we've offered supporting membership. We were not very aggressive last year about seeking new members but plan to do more this year. (most members are the free Watchman level, several at Soldier level and a few at the Journeyman level). When the world gets back to normal we'll do a membership drive.

Link to membership page prize drawing results: http://trashnoland.org/membershipindividual.html

I hope all is well with you and your families. Hunker down and be safe till this blows over!

Bill Cogley

I'm ready. Bored...at least sighted in my 357 correctly couple weeks ago. Most my calibers are too unavailable right now to just go blast for fun. But I'm ready for whatever happens.

Needing to go shooting and waiting for Washington to open the forest again, is like being an Irish Dancer needing to use the restroom!

(State lands closure extended to May 4th).

#HunkerDown, #StopTheSpread, #TrashNoLand!

Needing to go shooting and waiting for Washington to open the forest again, is like being an Irish Dancer needing to use the restroom!

Too funny. Have u ever seen the men's restrooms in Irish pubs? It's hilarious. It just a long tile/cement wall with a drain at the bottom.

Too funny. Have u ever seen the men's restrooms in Irish pubs? It's hilarious. It just a long tile/cement wall with a drain at the bottom.
I got to visit a few years back. Actually, my son paid my way! Pretty cool son, eh?!!! My Grandfather was born there and came to 'Merica at about 5 yrs old. I loved visiting County Wexford, where he was from, sitting in the pubs in Enniscorthy listening to the old stories at 10 AM, staying a Bed & Breakfast's all over and the whole land was awesome!

But I didn't get to see the kind of restroom you mentioned! Only modern ones now. I guess that makes you really old!!! :D

I got to visit a few years back. Actually, my son paid my way! Pretty cool son, eh?!!! My Grandfather was born there and came to 'Merica at about 5 yrs old. I loved visiting County Wexford, where he was from, sitting in the pubs in Enniscorthy listening to the old stories at 10 AM, staying a Bed & Breakfast's all over and the whole land was awesome!

But I didn't get to see the kind of restroom you mentioned! Only modern ones now. I guess that makes you really old!!! :D
Must be a west/east coast thing. The east coast has all those new fangled bathrooms. The west coast goes old school....

Plenty of NF land open. I just went shooting yesterday. I had to do something as I am up to my eyeballs in reloads with this new found home time. Had to erect a hokey shelter as it snowed like a bugger.

C72FFE7A-BFDC-41DA-BF03-E35D04E9EC7B.jpeg

a sheriff came into the pit I was shooting at and wheeled around and left. I figure he was just checking for the safety of my set up and make sure I was practicing social distancing with myself :D

Last Edited:
Happy Earth Day 2020! Since we can't be out there as a group this spring, we should go cleanup as individuals continuing to do what we know is right. If your forest is currently closed, find an open one and go do some good this week and weekend!

Enjoy, be safe and Trash No Land!
#Earthday, #StewardshipKeepsItOpen, #Trashbag, #PublicLands, #TrashNoLand

Trashonaviruscure.jpg

HashtagCleanUp_Random_Stewardship.jpg

StewardshipKeepsItOpen630.jpg

HashtagTrashBag.jpg

This lady.jpg

Super Power.jpg

Why do we trash.jpg

volunteersbelike.jpg

Your Yard JPEG_600.jpg

Upcoming Events