JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cleanup at Wolf Creek Lanes April 3rd

The mess is not acceptable! The graffiti is an eye sore! The broken sign adds to a run down look!

We're putting it all back to great condition once again on Saturday, April 3rd, 2021. Come join us if you can!

We are all sharing in the work and cost of this project (we are not asking the forest agency to assist with disposal or equipment. This is all grass roots user provided.)

The mess is not acceptable! The graffiti is an eye sore! The broken sign adds to a run down look!

We're putting it all back to great condition once again on Saturday, April 3rd, 2021. Come join us if you can!

We are all sharing in the work and cost of this project (we are not asking the forest agency to assist with disposal or equipment. This is all grass roots user provided.)

Let me be the first to say I'll be there to help take care of a resource I use regularly !!!!!!!

Planting Party Safety Project at Wolf Creek Shooting Lanes
is on the events schedule for Sunday, April 18th!

Come help improve public safety!
If you are planning to attend, please bring a few jugs of water for watering the plants when we're done. Also, we are in need of wood chips. We need about 4 pickup loads delivered to the site on or before April 18th. Chips can be dumped behind the rocks at the corner parking area of Lane 3.

The funding goal for the basic costs of this project, is $472. As of Friday afternoon, we've raised $280! We're about $200 away from covering the basic costs of this project! Thanks to all who have contributed! It shows we can take care of our land, and our own kind of recreation, without the help of a state agency if we want to!

If we want to coat the Jersey Barriers with the Anti-Graffiti Blok coating, we add $300 to the goal. So, we'd have about $500 to go. The graffiti blok is not a common stock item at Miller Paint, so I'd need to order early next week if we are to have it on hand by the 3rd. I will closely monitor the donations to see if we can swing it in time for the cleanup.

This weekend, I'll be buying the paint, lumber and trash bags needed. Thanks again for all the help!
Bill

Thanks all!

It's time for Trash No Land's Annual March Membership Giveaways!

Prizes are awarded by random drawings to members at the Ambassador, Protector and Knight levels! There's still time to register for one of these levels! Drawing is March 31st, 2021 at 6 PM.

The drawing is done and the winners are:....................................................

Congratulations Ehren, Jay and Elias!

The funding goal for the basic costs of this project, is $472. As of Friday afternoon, we've raised $280! We're about $200 away from covering the basic costs of this project! Thanks to all who have contributed! It shows we can take care of our land, and our own kind of recreation, without the help of a state agency if we want to!

If we want to coat the Jersey Barriers with the Anti-Graffiti Blok coating, we add $300 to the goal. So, we'd have about $500 to go. The graffiti blok is not a common stock item at Miller Paint, so I'd need to order early next week if we are to have it on hand by the 3rd. I will closely monitor the donations to see if we can swing it in time for the cleanup.

This weekend, I'll be buying the paint, lumber and trash bags needed. Thanks again for all the help!
Bill

Thanks all!
I just posted this to the Event thread about the cleanup this Saturday..............................

Today alone, we raised $690 for this cleanup! (that was John's $600, Eric J's $40 and Don's $50). Thank you guys!!!

Our goal was $772 and we had already raised $375, so, we're over the goal by $293! Hmmmm.... What do we do with that extra money?

First off, I say we wait to see what the final cost of disposal is. After that, any remaining money be put into the next project at NF Wolf Creek Lanes, the Public Safety Project, where we're still raising funds to block an area off the corner of Lane 3 to shooting. Details of that projects are at: https://www.trashnoland.org/fundraisers/public-safety-project-tillamook-state-forest-wolf-creek-rd/ and Phase I of the project is scheduled for April 18th.

Or, we can hold the remaining funds for the next needed cleanup at Wolf Creek. @Cosimel is planning a regular monthly cleanup party and this would help him cover some costs.

It's great to see users stepping up to share and care for these lanes! Let's extend that stewardship to other dispersed shooting areas in the Tillamook!

Thanks all,
Bill

This weekend, Sunday April 18th! Wolf Creek Lanes Public Safety Project!

Planting Party, BBQ, Group Shoot!

We are adding an important safety element to the Wolf Creek shooting lanes by blocking off an area at the corner of lane 3 so it doesn't look like a place to shoot. It's at the far back end of the day use/picnic area where it currently looks like a shooting lane.

Some people are currently shooting there in the direction of lane 4 and to the East toward Wolf Creek Road. So, we're changing the look in hopes of removing the temptation.

We start at 9 AM on the 18th. We'll have the ground tilled up and ready to plant over 250 native trees and shrubs.

If you can haul a load of wood chips, it would be much appreciated!

Thank you all for your help with funding, materials and equipment donations!

Details: https://www.trashnoland.org/event/planting-party-phase-i-pubic-safety-wolf-creek-lanes/

4-18-21 Day-Use-Entry.jpg 4-18-21 Day-Use-Satellite-1.jpg

4-18-21 Day-Use-Satellite-2.jpg 4-18-21 Day-Use-berm.jpg

Cleanup & Graffiti Wash in Yacolt Burn State Forest

This coming weekend! April 24th, 8 AM to 1 PM.

We're going to cleanup the Arrowhead Pit and wash off the graffiti from the rocks with a pressure washer.

Meet at the 4 corners (L1000, L1500 & NE Rawson Rd). Then head up the L1500 for 1 mile to the pit.

Here's the details: https://www.trashnoland.org/event/pick-up-the-burn-yacolt-burn-state-forest-wa/

If you are attending Pick Up The Burn on Saturday, find me on the L1500 Rd at the Arrowhead Pit. I'll have the DNR sign in sheets that we need for credit and you get your hours applied toward the 24 hrs needed for a free Discover Pass.

Any Videographers? I'd love to get some footage of the graffiti cleaning along with the cleanup. I'll do the editing, just need the video work. Let me know. Thanks!

Check out the new pressure washer! Just arrived yesterday. Fully self contained and portable. To refill the on-board 10 gallon tank, we can use 5 gallon containers or hook up a hose from the truck water tank (which is mostly what I'll use).

We plan to use this unit when ever we can in forests all over the Northwest. Let us know when you see graffiti at shooting sites. We are also looking for volunteers to operate this unit on occasion.

We apply an environmentally safe solvent, then pressure wash the graffiti off. If tagging is common, we'll apply the Anti-Graffiti coating, with a pump sprayer, for easy clean off after the next tag.

This is a great solution the problem with trying to rent a washer and water pump.

I'd like to trade my 330 gallon tank for something more like a 200 gallon, low tank for a standard pickup bed. @drewp mentioned he might want this one, so he has first dibs.

For now, to keep the water from sloshing around, I added 50 feet of 4" perforated corrugated drain pipe inside the tank. Since the weight is about 2700 lbs, I'll only fill a little over half and fill the rest with large balloons. It should all help to stablize the load. I'll test it by driving as fast as I can around real sharp corners while slamming on the breaks behind any Prius I can find!

We will proudly display our open carry sidearms and defy city trash graffiti...

I'm loaded up and truckin!

I got to try the Eco Blaster for the first time today. I washed 2 cars to give it a go. NICE! I'm pleased with this unit!

So, I'm loaded and ready for Pick Up The Burn tomorrow morning at 8 AM.

We're going to do something that no one else is doing in our area! Clean off graffiti in the forest! And it will be done by representatives of the responsible gun owning community. We will proudly display our open carry sidearms and defy city trash graffiti on our great public lands! Same goes for everyday dumping and target shooting trash.

Rain or shine, we'll be out there working to help save our places to shoot! I sure hope others will join us!

Loaded Truck 1.jpg Loaded Truck 2.jpg

We will proudly display our open carry sidearms and defy city trash graffiti...

I'm loaded up and truckin!

I got to try the Eco Blaster for the first time today. I washed 2 cars to give it a go. NICE! I'm pleased with this unit!

So, I'm loaded and ready for Pick Up The Burn tomorrow morning at 8 AM.

We're going to do something that no one else is doing in our area! Clean off graffiti in the forest! And it will be done by representatives of the responsible gun owning community. We will proudly display our open carry sidearms and defy city trash graffiti on our great public lands! Same goes for everyday dumping and target shooting trash.

Rain or shine, we'll be out there working to help save our places to shoot! I sure hope others will join us!

It was great working with @Cogs today. Also had @Dungannon and a few others I don't remember. Thank you all very much.

It was great working with @Cogs today. Also had @Dungannon and a few others I don't remember. Thank you all very much.
Likewise, Gary! We didn't know the guy named Steve, but we did know Dan and he is a member here, but I can't remember his user name. Dan has been to several cleanups including the first one I ever did in 2014.

The big Steward no one knows about, is @Dungannon . It seems he is always out cleaning up trash and doesn't bother mentioning it to anyone. Thank you Bob!

Here's 2 pics of the same rock. It was the most tagged boulder on the 100 yard stretch of boulders that line the pit along the roadway. It had multiple layers of paint, including the famous "F*** Josh" tag twice, seperated by a layer of grey paint that Gary and I did to cover the first Josh bash. We repeated the cleaning process several times to peal off one layer at a time until we hit solid rock. I'll have more later, but here's the one that gave us the most trouble...

Graffiti Rock 1.jpg Graffiti Rock 2.jpg

Nice job guys, it seams no matter how much you pick up there is always more there the next time you go out to the woods.
A big thank you to every one who helped out, with out your efforts they will close the pits & shooting spots down.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top