JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Idiots.. maybe the ammo distributors will simply not sell to them, including the police. lets see how Herr Finestine likes when her bodyguards are walking around with empty guns, while pooky,Juan and Jose can get all the ammo they want.

hah, I was listening to the idiots on the radio talking about this today.

Unlike you guys, I think this is friggin awesome! Because all it's going to do is run the productive classes out of california, which will be left with nothing but hipsters, welfare moms, and illegal aliens. Then whenever someone says "waaah the republicans" all we have to do is point to california and say "look, this is what happens when you get left in charge. Never again!"

hah, I was listening to the idiots on the radio talking about this today.

Unlike you guys, I think this is friggin awesome! Because all it's going to do is run the productive classes out of california, which will be left with nothing but hipsters, welfare moms, and illegal aliens. Then whenever someone says "waaah the republicans" all we have to do is point to california and say "look, this is what happens when you get left in charge. Never again!"

We already got that in Detroit 50 yrs of dem policies only to go bankrupt and all you get is crickets.

All they really need to get rid of is the San Francisco Bay Area and Los Angeles. These bills are hopefully not going to pass, but then I didn't think we would be suffering under a second term of Obama either...

If the San Andreas fault goes big time, the Cascadia fault will probably go first, and WA and OR will be waiting for the Californians to join us at the bottom of the Pacific.

http://www.fernleynews.com/News_archive/Cascadia-San-Andreas-Link-042408.html

A new comparison of earthquakes that have taken place along the West Coast during the past 10,000 years suggests that seismic activity in the Cascadia Subduction Zone off Oregon and Washington may actually have triggered earthquake events in the San Andreas Fault in the San Francisco Bay area.

[...]

The core sampling revealed 15 separate turbidite layers that were deposited over the last 3,000 years and correspond to evidence from the terrestrial paleoseismic record along the northern San Andreas Fault. But what surprised scientists was the discovery that 13 of those earthquakes occurred in close conjunction with major earthquakes in the southern Cascadia Subduction Zone.

“It’s either an amazing coincidence,” Goldfinger said, “or one fault triggered the other. It looks like when Cascadia is hit by a major earthquake, another will occur in the San Andreas region – on average, within several decades, but possibly less.

“They could be separated by decades or years,” he added, “but it is possible that it could be days or hours.”

If the San Andreas fault goes big time, the Cascadia fault will probably go first, and WA and OR will be waiting for the Californians to join us at the bottom of the Pacific.

<broken link removed>

A new comparison of earthquakes that have taken place along the West Coast during the past 10,000 years suggests that seismic activity in the Cascadia Subduction Zone off Oregon and Washington may actually have triggered earthquake events in the San Andreas Fault in the San Francisco Bay area.

[...]

The core sampling revealed 15 separate turbidite layers that were deposited over the last 3,000 years and correspond to evidence from the terrestrial paleoseismic record along the northern San Andreas Fault. But what surprised scientists was the discovery that 13 of those earthquakes occurred in close conjunction with major earthquakes in the southern Cascadia Subduction Zone.

&ldquo;It&rsquo;s either an amazing coincidence,&rdquo; Goldfinger said, &ldquo;or one fault triggered the other. It looks like when Cascadia is hit by a major earthquake, another will occur in the San Andreas region &ndash; on average, within several decades, but possibly less.

&ldquo;They could be separated by decades or years,&rdquo; he added, &ldquo;but it is possible that it could be days or hours.&rdquo;

I think the intent of the message was totally lost here..............

Be pretty awesome if the gun business world came together and refused to ship to any California zip code which would include all variety of LE organizations be they state or federal.

I think the intent of the message was totally lost here..............

I think the original point you made was such that it could be taken in 2 ways:

1. "Geeze I wish these idiots would just drop off the face of the earth before their insanity can spread." This is the point I think you were trying to make. -I agree whole heartedly with that sentiment, BTW. (why does whole-hearted, a common phrase, induce spelling errors on google?)

2. I wish that 30 million people would die because I don't like their majority politics. -A point I DO NOT think you were trying to make, but I admit it did occur to me. -And probably others. I don't think I'm THAT weird.

So, no, I don't think he missed it, I think he was pointing out the downsides of supposition #2. Which is not at all crazy, given your post history.

This.

If S&W, Glock, Springfield, Remington, Sig Sauer and Ruger would all come together and say that they'll manage without the LE business in any state that adopts radically anti-2a policies, it would have an enormous effect.

Don't hold your breath. The ugly part of capitalism is that it's all about profits, not principles. And corporate profits are largely dependent on the large LE sales. I can't argue. If I had big-time S&W stock, I'd be screaming over those policies or moving to a better stock. No one invests money (except for rich liberals in things like "fair-trade coffee")to make social policy. They do it to make the maximum return possible. -Which explains exactly why the scenario I just painted will NEVER happen.

I think the original point you made was such that it could be taken in 2 ways:

1. "Geeze I wish these idiots would just drop off the face of the earth before their insanity can spread." This is the point I think you were trying to make. -I agree whole heartedly with that sentiment, BTW. (why does whole-hearted, a common phrase, induce spelling errors on google?)

2. I wish that 30 million people would die because I don't like their majority politics. -A point I DO NOT think you were trying to make, but I admit it did occur to me. -And probably others. I don't think I'm THAT weird.

So, no, I don't think he missed it, I think he was pointing out the downsides of supposition #2. Which is not at all crazy, given your post history.

Misterbill, this has GOT to be one of your most restrained replies ever, given your post history. ;)

This.

If S&W, Glock, Springfield, Remington, Sig Sauer and Ruger would all come together and say that they'll manage without the LE business in any state that adopts radically anti-2a policies, it would have an enormous effect.

Don't hold your breath. The ugly part of capitalism is that it's all about profits, not principles. And corporate profits are largely dependent on the large LE sales. I can't argue. If I had big-time S&W stock, I'd be screaming over those policies or moving to a better stock. No one invests money (except for rich liberals in things like "fair-trade coffee")to make social policy. They do it to make the maximum return possible. -Which explains exactly why the scenario I just painted will NEVER happen.

Except to a degree it IS happening. There are gun and "accessory" manufacturers/importers pulling up stakes and moving their production/importing facilities out of the likes of NY, MD, CO. Long time established "stakes", and THAT ain't a cheap feat, my friend.

I think it may evolve into what you mentioned, the elite can hide themselves and their families in bunkers, their staff can even hide in the bunkers, but the security forces and their families, and suppliers/vendors (gun & ammo manufacturers) are "outside the wire" with the "seething masses" with no room inside the bunkers for them... they won't be able to sustain themselves in those bunkers forever, and they'll have to answer to those "seething masses".

Except to a degree it IS happening. There are gun and "accessory" manufacturers/importers pulling up stakes and moving their production/importing facilities out of the likes of NY, MD, CO. Long time established "stakes", and THAT ain't a cheap feat, my friend.

I think it may evolve into what you mentioned, the elite can hide themselves and their families in bunkers, their staff can even hide in the bunkers, but the security forces and their families, and suppliers/vendors (gun & ammo manufacturers) are "outside the wire" with the "seething masses" with no room inside the bunkers for them... they won't be able to sustain themselves in those bunkers forever, and they'll have to answer to those "seething masses".

But it's not about the seething masses, it's about the stockholders.

Look, there's no point in talking about capitalism without mentioning the very serious downside that there are catastrophic losers under that system. It's just gonna happen.

But stockholders (including me) are not interested in how moral a company is, we care about how much return on investment we get. Period.

Right now there is a ginormous market out there for LE guns and mags and ammo. It's something like 50% pf the potential market.

So for these companies to say FU to LE is financial siaster in the short term. -A consequence no CEO is going to deal with if he has ANY alternative.

For every crappy little company that never HAD any great business with Le to "make statement" costs them nothing and MAKES them money from pro-2A people like me. For S&W or Glock to do the same thing is telling their tock-holders: We're gonna take a 40% hit on revenue for the next 2 years, but you won't mind, will you?" It's just not going to happen. I dearly WISH it would, but it's not.

People need to grasp that "moral" or "Socially responsible" and profits are usually mutually exclusive. I have rather a lot of money (no big deal, just my WHOLE financial future and retirement) invested in various corporations.

I'm not willing to take a LOSS on that investment to make a political point unless I'm a TRUE BELIEVER in that point, like on gun control. I will bet you money that my sentiments, as mercenary as they are, make up less than 5% of S&W stock which I happen to own a lot of. It ain't that much. So S&W will serve the interests of it's stockholders. And the little companies, new to the market, which don't give a rip about principles, they're trying to stay alive.

This.

It would be nice to see it happen but, as you said, don't hold your breath. Besides - you left out HK who made their name in the US by selling cheap (near cost in the early years) to LE. Great marketing plan - supply all the SWAT teams with firearms at near cost and then charge crazy prices to the general public when they come knocking. HK will continue to sell to LE even if everyone else said no just to keep their image as being the supplier to the SWAT teams.

Glock had a 68 % profit on their firearm sales in 2009 I read recently. We can only guess its been a much larger number with the recent panics.

My friends, it's a big ole bubblegume sammich and the more bread you have the bubblegume you eat. As simple as that.

I am just gonna spread the prep gospel with my family. If we could gather all the nephews we'd do okay on a farm. The decision is when and how fast to move. All the male nephews can shot pretty good to defend the turf and 2 are recent combat vets. Hopefully the upheaval won 't happen for awhile
Brutus out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads