JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FB/Twit/et.al. can have whatever policies they want. At the end of the day, the corporation is run by people and people make all of the manual-review-of-content decisions. What happens when all of those people are not only politically left, but in an echo chamber (at work, at home, at state level)? Yea, of course we're seeing biased use of "rules" to silence/harass people of a different view.

Part of me thinks this whole problem would be instantly solved if FB/Twit/et.al. would cut in half their blue state support centers and instead open up red state support centers, then force all manual reviews to be voted on by both centers.

Or, like I've said in other posts, we start calling on Trump to execute Warren's plan on breaking up the giants. The companies would be a lot less picky of their clients if they had to earn every buck and not be subsidized by the other parts of the business. Or, let them remain big bu subject them to public square laws.

Regarding the red state office idea, based upon real-world observation when I used to work in the tech industry (in Silicon Valley, no less)...

Tech companies and virtually all of their employees had an absolute aneurysm after the 2016 election, and many inside tech suggested 'why not open an office in Nebraska?' (or anywhere in 'flyover country'). The stated thinking was that they'd 'better understand red states'. The actual thinking was to help influence policies within that red state and leverage monetary influence upon the state legislatures. In my view, that's not 'building understanding'. As an example, there was much weeping and gnashing of teeth during the NC bathroom bill inside tech and talking about 'protecting our employees in those states'. It doesn't matter if you agree with the policy or not. Many in that state do, and my point is that they've already attempted these things with their offices in those various states (Atlanta offices in red GA are another example), have failed to understand anything, and perhaps most importantly, doing more will not help achieve the balance that people think might occur.

Yes, a few hires will happen for some lucky tech-savvy people that happen to live in those areas. However, what you'd more likely see is a flood of people who either came from the area moving back to that office (good for them?) or people that just want to live more economically and will vote the way they did in CA (or elsewhere), driving up costs and making the locals mad. I don't think the local hiring promise will carry the day.

The few guys I knew in an Oregon datacenter (rural area - not Portland) were gun enthusiasts, but did it help shape big tech's policies? Not that I could see. They just hunkered down like most in the tech industry for fear of being fired for their beliefs. What about the gun people in Seattle/Kirkland area? Did they shape Amazon, G or MSFT views for the better? I think it's a hard sell. Wish I was wrong. Like I've told people here in Idaho - you do not want your city to be labeled a 'tech hub', or you'll go the way of Austin, TX or Boulder, CO (and now places like Nashville, TN to a degree) real fast.

LOL.....just like when the elections occurred?

It's obvious to me...….that Silicon Valley has an agenda. And, it is leaning a certain way. Be it on the election(s) or on other issues that have distinct sides. SO YES! They do choose side(s) to support. It's NOT about FREE SPEECH. No matter what they've said in the past or present.

HInt: It's located in the San Francisco area of California. :eek:

Aloha, Mark

PS.....I don't do FB/Twitter/Snap Chat, etc.... That being said......I've noticed that YouTube has also shown their ugly side of the FREE SPEECH debate. I've watched many (what I considered to be) harmless travel videos and educational gun videos that has been demonetized over their "policy." And content producers can't even get a straight answer to their policy dispute questions. Proving to me, that even YouTube is playing a game of manipulation.

Last Edited:
Regarding the red state office idea, based upon real-world observation when I used to work in the tech industry (in Silicon Valley, no less)...

Tech companies and virtually all of their employees had an absolute aneurysm after the 2016 election, and many inside tech suggested 'why not open an office in Nebraska?' (or anywhere in 'flyover country'). The stated thinking was that they'd 'better understand red states'. The actual thinking was to help influence policies within that red state and leverage monetary influence upon the state legislatures. In my view, that's not 'building understanding'. As an example, there was much weeping and gnashing of teeth during the NC bathroom bill inside tech and talking about 'protecting our employees in those states'. It doesn't matter if you agree with the policy or not. Many in that state do, and my point is that they've already attempted these things with their offices in those various states (Atlanta offices in red GA are another example), have failed to understand anything, and perhaps most importantly, doing more will not help achieve the balance that people think might occur.

Yes, a few hires will happen for some lucky tech-savvy people that happen to live in those areas. However, what you'd more likely see is a flood of people who either came from the area moving back to that office (good for them?) or people that just want to live more economically and will vote the way they did in CA (or elsewhere), driving up costs and making the locals mad. I don't think the local hiring promise will carry the day.

The few guys I knew in an Oregon datacenter (rural area - not Portland) were gun enthusiasts, but did it help shape big tech's policies? Not that I could see. They just hunkered down like most in the tech industry for fear of being fired for their beliefs. What about the gun people in Seattle/Kirkland area? Did they shape Amazon, G or MSFT views for the better? I think it's a hard sell. Wish I was wrong. Like I've told people here in Idaho - you do not want your city to be labeled a 'tech hub', or you'll go the way of Austin, TX or Boulder, CO (and now places like Nashville, TN to a degree) real fast.

This x1000
Dude are you me?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews