JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you don't believe these then try the google search. Homeland Security funded local and state police depts. Your Federal tax money at work.

<broken link removed>

Local Cops Ready for War With Homeland Security-Funded Military Weapons - The Daily Beast

Hmmm. Those are two great sources of reputable information. The Alexander Higgins blog and The Daily Beast. You can spin it how ever you want. They are in the business of making people paranoid in order to make cash. The "drone" they showed it completely incapable of shooting anything. Its an unstable platform that's has nothing but cameras. I'm not saying the other won't happen, but again as a means to avoid a deadly confrontation.

Many of the "drones" as you call them are nothing more than an eye in the sky at high risk incidents. They are also using them as a means to take aerial photographs of crimes scenes and traffic crashes to aid in the investigation.

It's not all doom and gloom. All of the cops I have ever worked with have nothing good intentions in mind. To protect and serve means something. It's very easy to criticize with 20/20 hind sight. But in moments when you have fractions of seconds to react its tough.

Cops tend to eat there own and weed out the bad eggs very quickly. Cops hate to see bad press also. It hurts to see one of our own make bad decisions. We want the bad ones gone or prosecuted as much as anyone else. I would love to live in a world where cops aren't needed as much as anyone else, but there is a lot of evil in the world.

OK back on track.

Hmmm. Those are two great sources of reputable information. The Alexander Higgins blog and The Daily Beast. You can spin it how ever you want. They are in the business of making people paranoid in order to make cash. The "drone" they showed it completely incapable of shooting anything. Its an unstable platform that's has nothing but cameras. I'm not saying the other won't happen, but again as a means to avoid a deadly confrontation.

Many of the "drones" as you call them are nothing more than an eye in the sky at high risk incidents. They are also using them as a means to take aerial photographs of crimes scenes and traffic crashes to aid in the investigation.

It's not all doom and gloom. All of the cops I have ever worked with have nothing good intentions in mind. To protect and serve means something. It's very easy to criticize with 20/20 hind sight. But in moments when you have fractions of seconds to react its tough.

Cops tend to eat there own and weed out the bad eggs very quickly. Cops hate to see bad press also. It hurts to see one of our own make bad decisions. We want the bad ones gone or prosecuted as much as anyone else. I would love to live in a world where cops aren't needed as much as anyone else, but there is a lot of evil in the world.

OK back on track.

Cops like any other organization are rank and file they do what they are told. I am saying the feds are ramping up funding to local and state departments using the patriot act as justification. Just because UAV's are unarmed today does not mean it can't change. This group of feds governs by fear and intimidation and that is the head of the snake. I have very good friends that are LEO's and they don't like the roles homeland security is forcing them into. Although they like the new toys they are getting. When you have federal gov(Homeland Security) dictating to local and state agencies that's the beginning of a police state plane and simple. Hopefully after Nov things will start to change back.

OK back on track.

Spoken just like a retired cop
The simple fact that this topic is currently being viewed shows you are incorrect.
So what is a "good cop" supposed to do when his incident report must match the
"bad cop's" report?
Does the good cop tell the bad cop to forget it, and keep his report honest?
Just wondering

For the record I know doubletapJim personally, and can attest that he is one of the good cops, and my brother-in-law works for the same dept. and he is a good cop who has said time and again that he will refuse to comply if Big Brother "pulls out all the stops".

This is not a correct statement. The use of deadly force is just more publicized. It's actually way down, because of the use of more less than lethal use of force options. Cops carry a lot more tools now then they did 30-40 years ago.

OH REALLY??
This trend looks pretty flat to me...
Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide trends in the U.S.: Justifiable Homicides

On the other hand, the number of citizens committing justifiable homicides does indeed seem to be "way down."
And the number of cops being killed on the job has certainly been trending "way down" for decades...
http://farleftside.com/misc/2012/Law_Killed_by_Gun.gif

So back up your assertions, please, or correct your own statements first.

I have often wondered what I would do in a situation where someone kicked in my door and was screaming "Police! Get on the ground!" Are they really cops? Why would they be bothering me? I would hate to comply with their "lawful order" only to then be robbed or worse in a home invasion. Unfortunately, there are instances of people impersonating officers to commit crimes. Worse, some officers abuse their position to perpetrate crime with respective impunity. So, yeah, I suppose that I'm ok with this Indiana law.

I have to admit I will shoot.. and they won't like it. Better get you address right first, lads

The problem is that the police in Indiana will now have greater cause to shoot first and ask questions later. After all, officer safety is paramount. In cases where they get the wrong address or bad information and they show up in a no-knock assault, they (cops) are going to be more willing to shoot people with remote controls or telephones in their hands "just in case."

OH REALLY??
This trend looks pretty flat to me...
Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide trends in the U.S.: Justifiable Homicides

On the other hand, the number of citizens committing justifiable homicides does indeed seem to be "way down."
And the number of cops being killed on the job has certainly been trending "way down" for decades...
http://farleftside.com/misc/2012/Law_Killed_by_Gun.gif

So back up your assertions, please, or correct your own statements first.

Killings of police officers up sharply - UPI.com

"The measure of a people's freedom is the point at which they will shoot their police." - Santayana

And so another People have defined their Point.

Nice mangling of statistics in that pseudo-news article:

"The number of U.S. police officers to die in homicides was up 75 percent in 2011 from 2008, FBI figures show."

So basically the writer picked some random low from 3 years back and compare against an aberrant high in 2011: "Sheriff Ray Foster lost four of the five deputies on the day shift in a single incident". And lo and behold: "Police fatalities were down in the first quarter of 2012, the FBI said."

I find it amusing that this amateurish stats twisting amounts to "fact" to a certain poster in this forum because it fits his delusions.

OK back on track.

I have seen the exact opposite. Cops tend to cover up for the worst of their associates. Apologies to the good cops, I know they are out there

I'm a hard @$$ and I don't need cops but I know many people do

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads