JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
imokaywiththis.gif

Quoting the article: "It's just a recipe for disaster". Potentially for a officer and certainly for a citizen no matter how justified. I can't imagine the odds are very good for a citizen being able to win a court case where they killed an officer.

The one good thing that might come from this kind of law is for LEO's to just not break down a door to serve a search warrant but rather plan much better hopefully making it safer for them to serve a warrant.

There's no doubt that cops have been shooting more and more citizens, and something has to be done. BUT!

Isn't this just going to provoke an overreaction from the LEOs who claim that hunting licenses have been issued against them?

I have often wondered what I would do in a situation where someone kicked in my door and was screaming "Police! Get on the ground!" Are they really cops? Why would they be bothering me? I would hate to comply with their "lawful order" only to then be robbed or worse in a home invasion. Unfortunately, there are instances of people impersonating officers to commit crimes. Worse, some officers abuse their position to perpetrate crime with respective impunity. So, yeah, I suppose that I'm ok with this Indiana law.

The mention of the hypothetical situation of arriving to find an officer raping your wife or daughter reminded me of this: Cop Ladmarald Cates Convicted Of Raping Woman Who Called 911 | Breaking News for Black America

Woman calls cops after someone throws a brick through a window. Cop sends boyfriend to get bottled water from the store. Cop rapes woman. If the boyfriend had shown up during the act, why should the officer have any more legal protection than a rapist without a badge? The officer was committing a violent crime. I believe it should be justifiable to shoot the guy at the point.

The officer was convicted by the way: Sentencing of former officer Cates postponed - JSOnline

This is a tough one. Most all cops are pretty decent guys that are doing a job most of us wouldn't want. It's not that being a cop is so dangerous, there are plenty of other occupations that are more dangerous, it is just that cops have to deal with idiots, dopers, and criminals day in and day out. After a few years of that stuff, some cops may tend to get a bit jaded.

That said, I intend to defend myself if I'm threatened by anyone (including some roid-raged cop). If we obey a cop's lawful orders then there should be no problem, but sometimes cops can take it a little overboard. That has happened too many times here in Portland and some people are now dead as a result.

cops have to deal with idiots, dopers, and criminals day in and day out. After a few years of that stuff, some cops may tend to get a bit jaded.

In this statement, one could exchange "cops" for "people" and acknowledge that we all share the danger.

I wonder why LEOs should be allowed to issue "lawful orders" to civilians. Should they not be requests? Thank you, Indiana, for taking a small step toward the restoration of Liberty. Or, at least a new discussion thereof.

Last Edited:
There's no doubt that cops have been shooting more and more citizens, and something has to be done

This is not a correct statement. The use of deadly force is just more publicized. It's actually way down, because of the use of more less than lethal use of force options. Cops carry a lot more tools now then they did 30-40 years ago.

This is not a correct statement. The use of deadly force is just more publicized. It's actually way down, because of the use of more less than lethal use of force options. Cops carry a lot more tools now then they did 30-40 years ago.

You mean more drones and swat tactics Ya I guess I agree with that.

You mean more drones and swat tactics Ya I guess I agree with that.

Name one agency using drones. 99% of all the agencies in the country can't afford them or even the the small UAV (unmanned aerial vehicles). UAVs are basically small remote control helicopters with cameras. I'm not sure what you mean by swat tactics.

Name one agency using drones. 99% of all the agencies in the country can't afford them or even the the small UAV (unmanned aerial vehicles). UAVs are basically small remote control helicopters with cameras. I'm not sure what you mean by swat tactics.

In regards to drones, the agencies don't own them, they simply refer requests to the feds. Usually the local cops earned the "perk" via overzealous enforcement of federal "drug laws".

On swat tactics, I believe the poster is referring to the extensive use of paramilitary tactics and no-knock raids by local police in recent years.

This is a tough one. Most all cops are pretty decent guys that are doing a job most of us wouldn't want. It's not that being a cop is so dangerous, there are plenty of other occupations that are more dangerous, it is just that cops have to deal with idiots, dopers, and criminals day in and day out. After a few years of that stuff, some cops may tend to get a bit jaded.

That's when it's time to find another line of work or retire. Jaded + virtual immunity from prosecution + gun = dead citizens.

USDA may use drones to monitor vast Western rangeland | Government content from Western Farm Press

So, yes there are agencies getting ready or already doing this.

As their price drops, I'm expecting to see more and more of these. Until we have hit on the 'hover drones' similar to the Dark Angle series. It is just a matter of time, and computational on the behalf of the American people.

If you don't believe these then try the google search. Homeland Security funded local and state police depts. Your Federal tax money at work.

<broken link removed>

Local Cops Ready for War With Homeland Security-Funded Military Weapons - The Daily Beast

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top