JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can be accomplished for cheap, by changing out to heavier springs. Heavier sear spring, or adjusting the middle leg of the sear spring in a little. Heavier mainspring. That would sounds like that might make it a little harder to pull. I'm not a gunsmith, but you can try springs yourself, without having to drop it off and pay a smith. I'm sure a gunsmith would do it too.

Can be accomplished for cheap, by changing out to heavier springs. Heavier sear spring, or adjusting the middle leg of the sear spring in a little. Heavier mainspring. That would sounds like that might make it a little harder to pull. I'm not a gunsmith, but you can try springs yourself, without having to drop it off and pay a smith. I'm sure a gunsmith would do it too.

My Kimber was too tight and before I learned what I have, I had "Angie the Sightman" up in Auburn adjust the middle ear from about 3lbs up to 5lbs while my gun was in for night sight install.

When I had asked if he did trigger work before I told him heavier was the goal, his response was, "not anymore, too many D*mned lawyers out there."

After laughing at the truthful statement, I then let him know the weight was too light for a carry gun, he gladly agreed to adjust it up for me and did not charge me a thing!

Angie did the job in about 5 minutes(after taking it apart and reassembling twice)!

Easy to do now that I know but I would recommend taking it to a smith with the right tools and a trigger weight gauge.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top