JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got to fire a brand-new IMBEL FAL today - one made especially for the rather odd yUK market, though. Not certain whether to laff or cry, to tell the truth.

1. It sooooooooooooooooo cool handling an FAL/SLR again after such a long time - mine was taken off me back in 1988.

2. Having to cock the thing after each shot was a pain I really could do without.

Old fool that I am, it brought back many happy memories in spite of it all.

The price for this exceedingly well-made not-quite-a-FAL?

Sit down.

Take a deep breath.

$4500.00

tac

I got to fire a brand-new IMBEL FAL today - one made especially for the rather odd yUK market, though. Not certain whether to laff or cry, to tell the truth.

1. It sooooooooooooooooo cool handling an FAL/SLR again after such a long time - mine was taken off me back in 1988.

2. Having to cock the thing after each shot was a pain I really could do without.

Old fool that I am, it brought back many happy memories in spite of it all.

The price for this exceedingly well-made not-quite-a-FAL?

Sit down.

Take a deep breath.

$4500.00

tac

Ridiculous!

In UK there are NO semi-auto centre-fire rifles or carbines since 1988. We have to operate them ourselves... thanks to a massacre in which the perp used a legally-owned AK variant - a semi-auto to kill some of the sixteen he actually killed, and thirty-something he injured.

No removed gas block or even parts - they are made in the factory as solid items that cannot be made to function as a semi-auto - no bits, y'see.

We have most of the stuff that you are familiar with, even the LMT in .308Win, but as straight-pulls. Dragunov? Yup. AK variants? Yuppers. BM-54/M1A? Again, yes. Steyr AUG, even? Of course.

Even a Garand look-alike, although I'm not certain who makes it - at a tad under $5500 there aren't many of them around, I betcha.

tac

In UK there are NO semi-auto centre-fire rifles or carbines since 1988. We have to operate them ourselves... thanks to a massacre in which the perp used a legally-owned AK variant - a semi-auto to kill some of the sixteen he actually killed, and thirty-something he injured.

No removed gas block or even parts - they are made in the factory as solid items that cannot be made to function as a semi-auto - no bits, y'see.

We have most of the stuff that you are familiar with, even the LMT in .308Win, but as straight-pulls. Dragunov? Yup. AK variants? Yuppers. BM-54/M1A? Again, yes. Steyr AUG, even? Of course.

Even a Garand look-alike, although I'm not certain who makes it - at a tad under $5500 there aren't many of them around, I betcha.

tac

I feel so sorry for the people in the UK that don't get a chance to shoot firearms as they were meant to be shot. It seems like you either have to be rich or know someone to get at least a chance like you got.

I feel so sorry for the people in the UK that don't get a chance to shoot firearms as they were meant to be shot. It seems like you either have to be rich or know someone to get at least a chance like you got.

Not strictly true - I'm certainly not rich, being retired, but I have eighteen firearms here in yUK - 15 rifles and three handguns. I agree that it sucks not to be able to have guns the way they were designed, but hey ho, the PTB COULD have banned even look-alikes, like they do in some places. The IMBEL owner is a noobie, who brought along his BM-54/M14 look-alike last wednesday - THAT sucker was just under $5000, but

a. He's single.

b. He's a company owner.

c. He has nobody to 'advise' him how to spend his own money, as many of us do. If I told MY 'financial advisor' that I wanted that kind of money to spend on a toy, my next words would prolly be something along the lines of 'yes, doc, that's the last thing I remember.....'

tac

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top