Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

IMBEL not-quite-a-FAL....

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by tac, Jun 30, 2013.

1. tac

tac UK, Oregon and Ontario. Well-Known Member

I got to fire a brand-new IMBEL FAL today - one made especially for the rather odd yUK market, though. Not certain whether to laff or cry, to tell the truth.

1. It sooooooooooooooooo cool handling an FAL/SLR again after such a long time - mine was taken off me back in 1988.

2. Having to cock the thing after each shot was a pain I really could do without.

Old fool that I am, it brought back many happy memories in spite of it all.

The price for this exceedingly well-made not-quite-a-FAL?

Sit down.

Take a deep breath.

$4500.00

tac

2. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I would love to see a picture.

3. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Ridiculous!

4. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

So was the gas system removed or?

5. stoney

stoney Brush Prairie, WA Member

Is it because of where you live or is it a malfuntion?

6. tac

In UK there are NO semi-auto centre-fire rifles or carbines since 1988. We have to operate them ourselves... thanks to a massacre in which the perp used a legally-owned AK variant - a semi-auto to kill some of the sixteen he actually killed, and thirty-something he injured.

No removed gas block or even parts - they are made in the factory as solid items that cannot be made to function as a semi-auto - no bits, y'see.

We have most of the stuff that you are familiar with, even the LMT in .308Win, but as straight-pulls. Dragunov? Yup. AK variants? Yuppers. BM-54/M1A? Again, yes. Steyr AUG, even? Of course.

Even a Garand look-alike, although I'm not certain who makes it - at a tad under $5500 there aren't many of them around, I betcha.

tac

7. Ttuck

Ttuck Hillsboro Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I feel so sorry for the people in the UK that don't get a chance to shoot firearms as they were meant to be shot. It seems like you either have to be rich or know someone to get at least a chance like you got.

8. tac

Not strictly true - I'm certainly not rich, being retired, but I have eighteen firearms here in yUK - 15 rifles and three handguns. I agree that it sucks not to be able to have guns the way they were designed, but hey ho, the PTB COULD have banned even look-alikes, like they do in some places. The IMBEL owner is a noobie, who brought along his BM-54/M14 look-alike last wednesday - THAT sucker was just under $5000, but

a. He's single.

b. He's a company owner.

c. He has nobody to 'advise' him how to spend his own money, as many of us do. If I told MY 'financial advisor' that I wanted that kind of money to spend on a toy, my next words would prolly be something along the lines of 'yes, doc, that's the last thing I remember.....'

tac