JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Took the circa 1949 Colt Detective Special .32 out to the range yesterday. Mild recoil even with relatively snappy loads, fantastic trigger, easy and accurate to shoot. This gun is rapidly becoming my favorite snubby. Rapid-fire at seven yards-
Yz8VKh5.jpg
...and at ten yards:
MIHJSiU.jpg
I usually advocate using a service-caliber handgun with modern defensive ammo, but I am so confident in my ability to put these little pills on-target in a hurry that I wouldn't hesitate to use this gun for SD carry. Love it!

The fit and finish on Colts is unrivaled by any other gun maker (in our country) Compare the crane fit on your Colt to a Smith. You won't believe the difference. I sold all brands of guns at a shop nearly 50 years ago, have been a Colt fan ever since after comparing all of them.

I have several .32 caliber Wheel Guns and enjoy Shooting them every once in a while. I've always found it hard, not impossible but hard to believe that the .32 was THE caliber of the Law Enforcement World for many years. The Good ones are wonderful and the Bad ones are really, really BAD!:)

People can say what they will, but I have a soft spot in my heart for the .312" diameter bullet. In a .32 S&W Long it is supremely accurate. This is why the .32 H&R Magnum and .327 Federal Magnum will never die. While they may not be quite as popular as the "big three" (.357, .41 and .44) Magnums the "little .32" Magnum cartridges work and work well.

Love that little Colt! It's a beauty. Some would say .32 is making a comeback... I just bought this for my wife... IMG_3804.JPG
A Charter Arms "Pink Lady" .32 HR mag. We wanted something with decent power, but she has delicate hands from multiple CT surgeries, so she needed a mild recoil... this was the obvious compromise. Haven't shot it yet though. I hope it's comfortable for her.
She just put in for her CPL a couple weeks ago, and is now in the market for one of those "gun totin' mama's" purses.... Ammo is a little scarce but we got a box of HP .32 mags for defense, and a bunch of .32 S&Ws for at the range. I've had my eyes out for dies to reload, but haven't seen any locally or at the last couple gun shows I've been too.

I have a couple of the Marlin Rifles in .32 H&R Magnum which I keep thinking about re-chambering to the .327 Federal cartridge but these are bringing some CRAZY prices at Auction, so...

For those who haven't been lucky enough to see one of these Marlins, they have a magazine tube that loads like a .22 Rimfire. It makes Loading and Unloading much easier and while it doesn't make any difference to me, the process is also faster. As far as I can tell, Marlin only made one batch of these because they weren't big sellers. I do like the idea of having a long gun to go with my Sidearm. It just seems to be a nice idea.:):):)

Love that little Colt! It's a beauty. Some would say .32 is making a comeback... I just bought this for my wife...View attachment 407629
A Charter Arms "Pink Lady" .32 HR mag. We wanted something with decent power, but she has delicate hands from multiple CT surgeries, so she needed a mild recoil... this was the obvious compromise. Haven't shot it yet though. I hope it's comfortable for her.
She just put in for her CPL a couple weeks ago, and is now in the market for one of those "gun totin' mama's" purses.... Ammo is a little scarce but we got a box of HP .32 mags for defense, and a bunch of .32 S&Ws for at the range. I've had my eyes out for dies to reload, but haven't seen any locally or at the last couple gun shows I've been too.
Perfect! Hey, I know everybody uses the HR mag dies to reload .327 so I wonder if an even shorter .32 would do all of the longer? good luck

Love that little Colt! It's a beauty. Some would say .32 is making a comeback... I just bought this for my wife...View attachment 407629

I ordered mine off of Amazon.com. They were about $49 including shipping if I recall correctly.

Last Edited:

As far a s carry purses go, Wifey has a Gun Toten' Mama and it's okay. The flap of leather where it's stitched is getting all tattered and looks pretty ratty even though the stitching it's self is still solid. And it's a little large for getting out about hiking/fishing type stuff. She also got a smaller, "Stylin'" purse from an outfit called "The Twelve Six Co". We found them at one of the gun shows at the Expo Center. They will do a lot of custom work to order. When Wifey got hers she ordered at a gun show and picked it up the next month at the Expo Center in the lobby from the gal with out needing to pay entrance or parking.

Products | Twelve Six Company Concealed Carry CHL, CCL, Handbags Purses

Hey I've been seeing this ad for a while here now..

WTS/WTT WA - 32 H&R mag stuff

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR