Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Illegal Target Shooting on MT Hood... News Video

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by Cogs, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Cogs

Cogs Washougal, WA. Volunteer Coordinator 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

2. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Mowing down trees with a rifle??? Why would anyone do that?!?!?

3. 808hondacrguy

808hondacrguy Eugene,OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Hope one of the trees falls on their head

strick and Cogs like this.
  4. timac

timac Loading Magazines! Well-Known Member

My group tends to shoot down trees when we go in the woods. A video of our last time out.:)

But seriously, shooting up trees and leaving garbage is BS.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
    RumpleForeskin and Cogs like this.
  5. Cogs

That's too funny! I like a guy with a good sense of humor!

6. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

Possible these are illegals not familiar with our laws. Or just the average homegrown punks with no respect for anybody else.
    Either way good P.R. for the antis!

7. herrbecker

herrbecker Portland Member

It still looks pretty ugly out there, but I have not seen anyone shooting there for at least a year. It will take a long time for the forest to recover. Bad PR for gun owners is just one mouthbreathing chucklehead away.

The Douglas Trailhead up on Wildcat Mountain has also received a bit of attention, and the USFS has cracked down from what I have read. I think there is even a new trail being cut this weekend, so anyone caught shooting in the closure area will have the burden of money relieved from them.
    Both of these areas attracted too many idiots, so I won't mourn their loss, but it sucks for the people who played by the rules.

Cogs likes this.
  8. 1337BaldEagle

1337BaldEagle Earth Active Member

"when bullets fly in the open forest, you never know where they will land."

With how overgrown our forests have been allowed to get, I imagine you could be reasonably sure they wouldn't go too far.

That being said, don't be a jerk and shoot up live trees. And be aware of your field of fire.

Eagle

Cogs likes this.
  9. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

In this instance if they were illegal immigrants, they certainly are not familiar with our laws regarding illegal immigrants and the possession firearms or ammunition.

10. Cogs

I'll go with Punks. And throw in a few who just don't 'get it' until they are made aware of what their doing. All they are thinking about, at the time, is "Wow, that's cool, man" and "Look what my gun can do".

Don't quite know how to get through to those people. Somehow, they've got to feel guilty about their actions and have some remorse. Not sure how to make that happen except through education, by putting out the rules, and listing the consequences.

Not excited about a confrontation either. Best to call authorities when you see it, and let the chips fall where they land.

Bill

11. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

I second Bill. More than once I've been out shooting when a carload of dirtbags show up. Usually with a household appliance in-tow. That's when I politely leave and call the local authorities.

Cogs likes this.