JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This was a story on the news last Aug 2013. Since then, has it stopped or gotten any better? What happen to common sense and ethical outdoor sportsmanship?

<broken link removed>

Bill

It still looks pretty ugly out there, but I have not seen anyone shooting there for at least a year. It will take a long time for the forest to recover. Bad PR for gun owners is just one mouthbreathing chucklehead away.

The Douglas Trailhead up on Wildcat Mountain has also received a bit of attention, and the USFS has cracked down from what I have read. I think there is even a new trail being cut this weekend, so anyone caught shooting in the closure area will have the burden of money relieved from them.
Both of these areas attracted too many idiots, so I won't mourn their loss, but it sucks for the people who played by the rules.

"when bullets fly in the open forest, you never know where they will land."

With how overgrown our forests have been allowed to get, I imagine you could be reasonably sure they wouldn't go too far.

That being said, don't be a jerk and shoot up live trees. And be aware of your field of fire.

Eagle

Possible these are illegals not familiar with our laws. Or just the average homegrown punks with no respect for anybody else.
Either way good P.R. for the antis!

In this instance if they were illegal immigrants, they certainly are not familiar with our laws regarding illegal immigrants and the possession firearms or ammunition.

I'll go with Punks. And throw in a few who just don't 'get it' until they are made aware of what their doing. All they are thinking about, at the time, is "Wow, that's cool, man" and "Look what my gun can do".

Don't quite know how to get through to those people. Somehow, they've got to feel guilty about their actions and have some remorse. Not sure how to make that happen except through education, by putting out the rules, and listing the consequences.

Not excited about a confrontation either. Best to call authorities when you see it, and let the chips fall where they land.

Bill

I second Bill. More than once I've been out shooting when a carload of dirtbags show up. Usually with a household appliance in-tow. That's when I politely leave and call the local authorities.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top