JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is intended to be informational for any law enforcement officers or security officers, especially in the McMinnville area of Yamhill Co in Oregon. A Yamhill Co Sheriff Deputies food was contaminated with cleaning chemicals when he ordered fast food this week. Below is the email from him to other officers, and the second is from the Yamhill Co supervisor as a follow up...

Any Thoughts On This... Or Similar Stories Or Warnings To Share?

Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 4:41 AM
To: _Sheriff Patrol
Subject: Words to the wise...be aware of late night Wendy's in Mac run!

Just a quick heads up to my fellow co-workers. Tonight I decided Wendy's for my late supper. Bad choice. I ordered a couple Jr Bacons and a value fry. The gentleman at the window smiled and told me he upgraded my order to a meal as it would be cheaper and I would get a soda as well.

He gave me the soda then walked away. He came back roughly 3 minutes later smiling, almost laughing, saying "We cooked you up a new batch of fries, be careful they are hot." He gave a little wink and handed me the bag. Again my spidey senses went off but my hunger said, "Whatever!"

I believe I got the special order fries for a cop, as while I drove, I dug into the bag for a handful of fries and loaded up a mouthful. I was half finished swallowing when I realized the fries tasted like cleaning chemicals. By the time I was pissed off enough to go back to the restaurant, it had closed for the evening.

About an hour later my throat burned and I have been burping soap taste all night. Wendy's will be getting a call from me in the morning!

From now on...Subway or Quizno's it is!

Deputy XXXX XXXXXX

Yamhill County Sheriff's Office

Subject: FW: Words to the wise...be aware of late night Wendy's in Mac run!

FYI. This morning he is still suffering from an upset stomach and has to stay close to the bathroom. We're instructing him to see a doctor this morning. Det's are at Wendy's at this moment.

XXX

The Wendy's and the DQ in Mac are not safe for anybody let alone a cop.

/agree

I've been sick after eating the Wendy's there in Mac as well. Bummer that it happened to a cop though:cool: Maybe if they didn't hassle honest folks in Mac so much the people who serve their food wouldn't be as mean?

A friend got stopped a few years back for an unkown reason (I still don't know why, cop never gave him a ticket and he wouldn't tell me what was up with his license), I was with him in the passenger seat. Cop wants to see my ID, I tell him no. There's no reason for him to check my ID! I'm not getting a ticket right? I'm not the one being pulled over, and it's certainly not my vehicel, and I haven't done anything out of the ordinary to warrant this cop to even need my ID!

Cop thinks I'm being beligerent since I told him all of the above, calls for backup into his walkie, then tells me to get out of the vehicle and if I don't comply he's going to arrest me. I continue to argue until backup arrives, cop walks back to discuss situation with other officers, two come back to the car and lean in my window I assume to smell my breath and check me out for drugs/alcohol, etc.

They tell me that it's their duty and responsibility to check everyone's ID in the vehicle during a traffic stop. Now I'm no idiot, I've been in vehicles during stops before and this has NEVER happened! We even had my friend's son (16 years old) in the backseat he never even glanced his direction! He starts to open my door on the passenger side (completely forgetting about the driver and original reason for stopping the vehicle because of a law-abiding honest citizen giving a cop his opinion and a little feedback on his stupidity), and I pull it closed again and lock the door.

The officer at this point puts his hand on his holstered pistol and asks to see my ID once more. I'm super pissed at this point and reach for the wallet, tossing my ID out the window on the ground so he has to bend over and pick it up. So he covers me and motions for another officer to pick up the ID, he runs it in the computer, comes back and says "Have a nice day".

WTF!!!???:huh:

I hate cops.

I think they just don't like you.:D

I have been pulled over twice in town and deserved a ticket both times. Drove away both times with a "be more careful next time".

I worked at a DQ in college and after going to the Mac version decided that I would never go there again. Dirtiest, most disgusting place I had seen.

Lesson here,eat healthy or pack your own lunch. If your a cop or anybody wearing gear, eating that crap will just slow you down, you wanna be like that. 375lbs Washington county sheriff that couldn't catch a handcuffed, shackled criminal, who ran away from him on a max platform. Seriously just because anyone is a 2 year veteran on a force, doesnt mean they should let go on their body and diet.

:huh: Let me get this straight, someone tries to poison a cop in Mac, and so far I read many of the posts as he deserved it for being a cop. On top of that, we get all of the stories of how bad cops are, and all of the stories of people who are pulled over for no reason. Or even criticizing a person's eating habits.:s0154:

Anyone who tries to poison another human, whether they be a cop or not, should be prosecuted and imprisoned. Even for a "joke". I pay for food at a restaurant, and expect it to be safe. Why should someone in any other profession be any different?

You can bet that I will never eat in Mac again.

Maybe if they didn't hassle honest folks in Mac so much the people who serve their food wouldn't be as mean?

Are you really trying to rationalize an assault on a Police Officer? Why don't you turn off the computer in Mommy's basement and go back to the comic books... Good Lord.

It is well within the law for the Officer to check your ID during the traffic stop. You were in the wrong...

/agree

I've been sick after eating the Wendy's there in Mac as well. Bummer that it happened to a cop though:cool: Maybe if they didn't hassle honest folks in Mac so much the people who serve their food wouldn't be as mean?

A friend got stopped a few years back for an unkown reason (I still don't know why, cop never gave him a ticket and he wouldn't tell me what was up with his license), I was with him in the passenger seat. Cop wants to see my ID, I tell him no. There's no reason for him to check my ID! I'm not getting a ticket right? I'm not the one being pulled over, and it's certainly not my vehicel, and I haven't done anything out of the ordinary to warrant this cop to even need my ID!

Cop thinks I'm being beligerent since I told him all of the above, calls for backup into his walkie, then tells me to get out of the vehicle and if I don't comply he's going to arrest me. I continue to argue until backup arrives, cop walks back to discuss situation with other officers, two come back to the car and lean in my window I assume to smell my breath and check me out for drugs/alcohol, etc.

They tell me that it's their duty and responsibility to check everyone's ID in the vehicle during a traffic stop. Now I'm no idiot, I've been in vehicles during stops before and this has NEVER happened! We even had my friend's son (16 years old) in the backseat he never even glanced his direction! He starts to open my door on the passenger side (completely forgetting about the driver and original reason for stopping the vehicle because of a law-abiding honest citizen giving a cop his opinion and a little feedback on his stupidity), and I pull it closed again and lock the door.

The officer at this point puts his hand on his holstered pistol and asks to see my ID once more. I'm super pissed at this point and reach for the wallet, tossing my ID out the window on the ground so he has to bend over and pick it up. So he covers me and motions for another officer to pick up the ID, he runs it in the computer, comes back and says "Have a nice day".

WTF!!!???:huh:

I hate cops.

What the? Are you serious? A cop is most likely killed during a Domestic violence call and a traffic stop. Your friend being pulled over for 'something' and you don't know what is up his license? You need some new friends, a haircut, a shower and go wash your clothes and maybe you won't be asked for your ID during a traffic stop.

SF-

I dunno if you want good ole fashion violent anal discharge, condoms, vicodin, razor blades, misc screws from flash heating ovens in your meal then by all means eat at your local franchise restaurant, I worked at a bunch of fast food places from beaverton to popeyes off of mlk and ratted out so many idiots that I don't think I could even list them all, seriously its not worth the quick conveince of it all. But hey that's my opinion, through all the things,events I witnessed from working through my middle school-college years. I'd say that's about 10 years of "would you like to make it a meal deal?"

Are you really trying to rationalize an assault on a Police Officer? Why don't you turn off the computer in Mommy's basement and go back to the comic books... Good Lord.

It is well within the law for the Officer to check your ID during the traffic stop. You were in the wrong...

Nope, definitely not rationalizing. I don't think it's right to mess with someone's food, but a lot of people get harassed or wrongly accused by officers that like to be bullies and they tend to take it back out on the cops at a later date, and the late night window of a drive through is the perfect opportunity.

As for my 'friend' it was more of an acquaintance that was giving me a ride across town. I am a respectable clean cut guy that works in a gun shop, almost every time I get stopped there is a hassle since they think I'm packing without a CHL. I've even had Vancouver cops pull me over and search my entire vehicle because I waved at him on Hwy 14, he looked bored and thought I was hiding something from him. Got myself a nice settlement out of that one paid for my insurance for almost 5 years!

What I'm saying is that honest people get messed with all the time for no valid reason, and they get disgruntled and look for a way to get back at them.

So maybe I'll put down my funyuns and cheetos and take down my posters of sarah michelle gellar and move out of my parents basement one day, but for now I'll stick to my guns and my gunsmithing. Thanks for the advice though.

Even though I may not be legally required to show my ID to a cop...I will still do so cheerfully and courteously upon request.

The cop and I both want the same thing; for him to catch the bad guys. So the sooner he figures out that Im not a bad guy....the sooner he can resume looking for the real bad guys. A minute or two out of my life to let him run my license seems like a small sacrifice to make.

I'm aware of my rights. I'm also aware of the risks and challenges associated with police work, and if I can help in some small way by not giving a fellow human being (the cop) attitude over a request to see my ID then I am more than happy to do so.

As far as the OP who was given tainted fries...if he didnt finish them, I hope he saved them to us as evidence. I would assume that a crime lab would be able to detect poisons or other adulterants in food, and that legal action could be taken against the restraunt or the people responsible.

If this post is not an internet hoax, it is old news anyway to patrol officers. You NEVER see a marked police car at a drive-up window, and you rarely see officers, uniformed or not, at restaurants where they can't see the food prepared, or are not friendly with the owners. Officers of the law are very well attuned to the potential for their food to be tampered with by the parolees that work in the fast food "industry"!....................elsullo :(

/agree

What would have been the harm in simply complying with the officers request and showing him your ID?

Traffic stops are stressful, high-risk situations for police. Why make one worse by giving attitude to some guy who is just trying to do his job and get home to his family safely?

Anytime a cop asks me to do something reasonable I do it, like asking for my I.D.. If you don't it looks like you are hidding something and honestly its pretty stupid. I know a lot of Yamhill Co. Sheriffs and Police in the area and most are real nice and easy to deal with, I've only met two that were not and are on power trips. Anyway, I hope wendys gets shut down and the guy gets put in jail.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top