JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let's add a parameter to the conjecture, cuz orygun brought up a valid point...going back as your current age with health maladies you have or about to get and past's lack of medical proficiency or going back a different age with all current wisdom, good health, and so forth.

For the record, my age of choice would be 29-31 not young adulthood.

Mine would be from my teens to my 30s, no older, but with my current experience and wisdom (what little there is of it). I screwed up my back when I was 17 and my shoulder before that. But if I could go back without those injuries then that would be even better.

I would go back to the 1500s with 100 m16s and a cart full of ammo.

I would become god of the Indians and unite them to repel European invaders.

I would have many squaw and kill lots of buffalo.

Back in time? For me a bad idea. Even 50 years ago I would be dead dead dead. Marvels of modern medicine. Now .... if you could go forward in time but that history has not happened yet. Time travel stories or ideas are cool.

Most of my life has been GREAT, and I am very lucky man, but here's two I think about often
  • Go back to 1994 and pursued the career path I wanted to, not the one I thought would make my dad proud.
  • Go back to 2002 and thrown away the napkin with the phone number on it that led to the absolute worst, most financially damaging relationship of my life.

Being a frequent consumer of modern medical arts and sciences, I too would be in deep guano at any time more than about 5 years ago:
More surgeries than I can remember
Survived a fatal heart attack with concomitant residual scarring and other damage
Not sure if all the implanted technology makes my a cyborg or not
That aside, given miraculous healing to go with the time travel:
1) 1963 and on. I graduated from HS in 1965 and that was a really exciting time to be 18. Lotsa kewl guns, motorsickles, cars, etc., knowing what investments would pay off (Microsoft anyone?)
2) The Old West after the Civil War. Takealongs: Mossy 590, Cz-75, Uzi SMG, AKM.
3) Colonial America 1775 with above takealongs.

Early 1968 so I could stop the assassinations of Bobby Kennedy and Martian Luther King which was the push to get the Gun Control act of 1968 passed after it had floundered around since the JFK assassination.

Any time before the invention of gunpowder, bringing with me some antibiotics, disposable lighters, kevlar body armor, and some suppressed pistols and maybe a Mac 11. Carry the guns under a stylish robe or cloak and smite those would harm me by calling down thunder from heaven (unsuppressed shot fired from under the robe). Oh, and learn to sleep with one eye open... But, you wouldn't speak the language, even if you went to England.

Seriously? How about going back to when Microsoft, Amazon, and Google were $5 a share? You would still know people, and think what you could do about your present ex-GF or wife?

Back in time, eh? Pretty easily I'd say the American frontier or old Mexico in the mid-to-late 19th century. Medicine, science, and technology sucked then, but, damn, the freedom! Working hard, gathering the silver/gold, packing shoot'n irons, and taking care of family, without an overbearing government. Living the dream, well, minus penicillin.

Damn it, @clearconscience, made a solid point with "Whatever time the women were loose and fast." I can't argue with that. Alright, brain-storming here, westward expansion, but in the Utah territory where they were cool with the multiple wives thing. Again, big win ... I think. :p

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top