JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
To what point in time would go?

Caveat - it would be a one way trip.

Where would it be?

What would you do?

What would you take if it was only what you could carry (including anything you could put on a cart/etc. that you could pull/push yourself)?

What guns and knives, if any, would you take?

I do not believe there is any perfect eras in history. We remember mostly the good in history and the big bad things that happened. I would love to see Columbia county oregon a hundred and fifty years ago. Before it became so populated. To think I could take back a fal 150 years ago seems kind of strange.

About 25 years ago - I would love to hunt and fish like I use. Opening weekends for deer and elk hunting 15- 20 miles on foot was not un heard of 5 miles on foot hunting is a very long hunt today.

Whatever time the women were loose and fast

Do you mean free range and athletic? Or spacious and quick to fill the void?

2A1DE750-F858-45F8-A423-AA908A39AF77.png

Or

ABEC5E4C-7A4A-4547-B3C1-67A1F8DD7D14.jpeg

Whatever time the women were loose and fast

In other words, now?

The problem with going back in time for loose women, at least in the USA, is that the further you go back, the more puritanical society was (in general) and the less protection there was against STDs, not to mention treatment after you got an STD. But if having a hot wire inserted up your junk or going blind and/or crazy is what turns you on, go for it.

It's probably safe to assume, having won/lost a dozen or so fistfights during 20 years in the military (last century), that I could've easily ended up dead on a saloon floor back in the old west.

As an electric guitarist in various rag-tag bar bands since I was a teen, it would've been fun to be 18-20 years old in 1960, gigging clubs in LA and Frisco, maybe getting discovered and selling albums. Of course, the shelf life on many of those players was distinctly finite as well.

Last Edited:
Hmm...can carry a LOT on a cart. They make lawn carts now a days that can handle ~1.5K lbs. That's a goodly bit for a start from nothing, if thought out well enough. Sure you couldn't haul it realistically, but dump the contents and relay. As folks did thru history.

Folks headed West hauling just hand carts, as did many Goldrush folk.

What to bring? Where (in time/place) to go? One would have to have lost all loved ones here to do so...IMO. Setting that aside, is an interesting thought experiment.

Would you try to change history, or just live a quiet subsistance life? Stay mindful that changing history can lead to even worse tragedy...just the average "today intelligent" persons knowledge could be enough cause radical historical change.

Id go back 1923, Germany, and get in the same cell with a little Austrian fellow.
No tools needed.

You can go back very easily and see leading into WW2 we grew too, fast and never stopped to realize the consequences that progress brought with it. Minus one man would have made things much different. Sure one can speculate what may or may not have happened instead, but we also know pretty well what wouldn't have happened.

I have fantasized about going back to the wild west, with my 460V and a BHA carbine in .460 to fit in.

I have also thought about going back further with some modern firearms to set right some wrongs, but eventually I would run out of ammo. Still, if I could appear at the right time and place, and I was careful, I could maybe stop a few things from happening, but if history could be changed, not sure what would happen from there. One thing I would try, is to be vaccinated against a number of diseases so that I would neither catch anything nor spread them.

That said, in my current state of health, I would not last long in the distant past even with modern firearms and some tech I could carry back.

Jan. 1972.
That's when I was discharged from the Army.
May 1972 was when I married my 1st wife.
That would never happen again............
I would use the time between January and May to run the other
direction as fast as I can, change my name, dye my hair, learn an Italian accent,
Get a job in Alaska selling ice cubes to Eskimos and live in peace.

Jan. 1972.
That's when I was discharged from the Army.
May 1972 was when I married my 1st wife.
That would never happen again............
I would use the time between January and May to run the other
direction as fast as I can, change my name, dye my hair, learn an Italian accent,
Get a job in Alaska selling ice cubes to Eskimos and live in peace.

I have thought about that too.

But if I had never met my wife I would not have my daughter. A real conundrum.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top