JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If the first amendment was treated like the second amendment…

Any speech using 10 or more foreign words would be a felony.
(Firearm law 922(r) restricting 10 or more foreign gun parts from the 1989 import ban)

Anyone convicted of a felony or convicted of misdemeanor domestic abuse or assault is not allowed freedom of speech or religion and must rely on the government to provide speech and religion for them.
(1968 gun control act)

Any speech or religions that are done in a scary tone or feel are banned. Any assembly that looks scary is banned.
(1994 Federal Assault Weapon Ban that went after mostly cosmetic features)

If the first amendment was treated like the second

I'd have to ask and then pay for permission to speak. That is if I concealed my speech.

Openly speaking would be against the law in certain areas. Especially downtown Portland.

I would probably get ticketed or arrested for mumbling to myself.

Short sentences wouldn't be allowed in a number of states and would be taxed. The micro machine man couldn't go to several states because of his full auto mouth.

In Oregon, openly speaking in your vehicle would be against the law in certain areas unless you had a permit for concealed speech.

It's important to remember of course that the First A has been violated more frequently and deeply than the 2A ever has been. The Bill of Rights was barely passed before along came the Alien and Sedition Acts of 1798 which essentially made it illegal to criticize the government. From the Espionage Act of 1917 to the modern Patriot Act, the 1st Amendment is probably the most violated article in the constitution. One main difference between the 1st and 2nd is that only a small number of relatively poorly funded groups defend the first. The 2nd has the NRA which is of course one of the most well funded and powerful lobbying organizations in the country.

Short sentences wouldn't be allowed in a number of states and would be taxed. The micro machine man couldn't go to several states because of his full auto mouth.

In Oregon, openly speaking in your vehicle would be against the law in certain areas unless you had a permit for concealed speech.

That is pretty funny. :)

Not to mention you'd have to have a ATF license to be a speechwriter!! Or to teach an english, english lit, or journalism class.
You couldn't do either without a "storefront" (schoolfront?). Even printing old (before 1950) quotes would require an ATF C&R license!!

The printers/publishers of dictionaries would be blamed and taken to court for simply publishing and making the book, when someone else actually used the words. An approved dictionary would be issued, with no more than 10 words per page. Anyone caught with an illegal dictionary would be subject to having the dictionary confiscated and prison time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top