If I Were the Devil by PAUL HARVEY

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by pokerace, Jan 27, 2013.

1. pokerace

pokerace
    Newberg

2. Captain O

Captain O
    St. Helens, OR

He's winning, isn't he?

3. Stomper

Stomper
    SCREW YOU SALEM!!
    SCREW YOU SALEM! Gold Supporter

I read the book, “he” already lost and sealed “his” fate when “he” had Christ murdered. Be patient, there’s unfinished business that must be dealt with first (it’s a legal matter), but in the end “he” loses... utterly.

;)

308, Captain O and slimer13 like this.
  4. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Crapper Gunsmith

Holy necro, Batman... isn't the OP one of the ranks of our dearly departed brethren?

5. Stomper

Stomper
    SCREW YOU SALEM!!

Yes, he is.

6. Cardoff

Cardoff
    Polk county
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I miss the rest of the story. Reminds me of my Grandpa. We listened to it every weekend during the summers when I was a kid.

7. JRuby

JRuby
    St. Helens Oregon

Really getting tired of those that keep pushing the religous aspects of how Christianity is the way to enlightenment. I call B.S. there are many reasons to live a good life. If Christianity is the crutch you need go for it but to me Christianity is little more than an excuse
    Flame on.

Hop Sing, Mikej and Lilhigbee like this.
  8. notazombie

notazombie
    Sweet freedom!

No flame from me but would you not agree that at least the social tenants of christianity are a good life template? The 10 commandments (or at least the last 6 if you aren't religeous)? Love thy neighbor? Do unto others? Christian or not, I think if more people applied those basic principals the world would be a better place.

Slobray, SKrueger, Mikej and 4 others like this.
  9. JRuby

JRuby
    St. Helens Oregon

I agree the ten commandments are a worthy set of rules to be guided by. I am not religous but I try to live by them as they make sense to me.

Part of me hopes there is a heaven h3ll and purgatory so that those that did evil on earth receive their dues
    .i might as well believe in Valhalla.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017 at 10:32 AM
  10. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5
    2C IDAHO

Your opinion is your thoughts. But if you are so easily offended by Christian's then I'm assuming your really irritated by those that want to destroy any hope?

11. Oathkeeper1775

Oathkeeper1775
    NW Oregon
    VINCE AUT MORIRE Bronze Supporter

Paul Harvey's epic recording "If I were the Devil" must be a response to Tom Hayden's "Port Huron Statement" (61-62).

Port Huron Statement - Wikipedia

The Communist Manifesto is the road map that clearly illustrates how they changed America.

The author is Hanoi Jane's former husband; he must be thrilled.

Slobray likes this.
  12. 308

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Can you explain where The Christ of CHRISTianity encouraged His followers to be 'religious'?

filsonhand and Stomper like this.
  13. Stomper

Stomper
    SCREW YOU SALEM!!

I’m a Christian, and utterly have no use for organized religion. His “followers” pi$$ me off too much. ;)

Mikej and Diamondback like this.
  14. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Crapper Gunsmith

QFT, particularly the "Prosperity Gospel" Peale-ites and the "Praise The Lord And Pass Me Your Paycheck, Brother" snakeoil televangelists.

Admittedly, I'm not a particularly GOOD Christian, but as an imperfect servant I try to be just a little bit better each day than the one before... though sometimes temptation gets the better of me. It's actually a bit inspiring... if the Man Upstairs can make a vile creature like Captain Combover useful in His Grand Design, then surely He has places for all of us too. :)

15. 308

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The enemies greatest tactic is to keep us from knowing what God is like, and what He thinks of us as individuals.

The question I like to ask is this; Is Jesus a liar?

I have never had anyone say yes.

So the question begs, if He was not a liar, then what is it HE said that you disagree with?

The bottom line is this, Constantine and the Church of Rome was a political and power hungry Beast which has corrupted the simple message of Christ, and because of their nefarious anti-Christ message throughout the ages, they have turned people off to so-called "Christianity"....

The enemy must distort the message to be one of works, and being good enough because if people truly understood what was meant when Christ said "it is finished" they would be free of their percieved guilt and shame. When Paul said "there is now no condemnation for thos who believe in Christ" he spoke truth. When he said Abraham was not saved by any sort of works, but rather the simple act of believing God, it was accounted to Abraham as righteousness.

The Bible talks about an unpardonable sin. What could that be since thier is no condemnation for those who believe in Christ? It is quite simple...Christ holds your/my/our pardon in his hand...all that is needed is to reach out and accept it...that is the only work required on our part.

Now if I never accept a pardon...THE pardon, then logically I have committed an unpardonable "missing my mark" (sin) with God.

It is all ver simple...it had to be. None could ever nor will ever be 'good enough' to earn a free gift.

Sorry for the typos...on my iPhone

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017 at 7:30 AM
    filsonhand likes this.
  16. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5
    2C IDAHO

I'm a hard core Mormon. But I'm also super open minded. Cause I wasn't raised in Utah. That state is jacked up! I love all. Accept Hillary and Hitler.

308 likes this.
  17. 308

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Except...:D

Oregonhunter5 likes this.
  18. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5
    2C IDAHO

Man I suck at spelling

Slobray and 308 like this.
  19. Stomper

Stomper
    SCREW YOU SALEM!!

Tell you what... I won’t push my beliefs on anyone, and no one (for example) forces me to bake a gay wedding cake (if I don’t want to) under pain of having my entire livelihood “fined” away into financial oblivion.... deal?

And for the record, if I were in the cake business I’d gladly make the best damned gay wedding cake I could muster with this pricing structure...

For a 10” round cake 8” tall: 3.1419 x (5” x 5”) x 8” = 628.32 cu/in x $1,500 cu/in = $942,480.00

That’s not discriminating against anyone, that’s just what my price to make a gay wedding cake would be.... too spendy? Find someone else. o_O

Slobray, rick49 and Diamondback like this.
  20. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5
    2C IDAHO

You a baker for a living?