JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nope, but if I was.... that's how I'd roll. ;)
Se that and raise with "if you MAKE me violate my conscience, I'm donating 100% of the profits to a cause YOU won't like."

Examples: "gay wedding -> conversion-therapy program", "Bloomberg Minion -> NRA", "Nazi -> Wiesenthal Center", "Jihadi Symp = MEMRI or Pamela Gellar".

The founding fathers were religious men and encouraged religious beliefs. At the same time they made it clear that there would not be a single state sanctioned religion to the exclusion of other religions as in Europe. A lot of the original colonists came here to escape the religious persecution they experienced in Europe. The government did use certain symbols and rituals of the Christian religion such as swearing on a Bible or the "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance. I see nothing wrong with this. I am not particularly religious but I do believe in God and Jesus. And I do not like people trying to tear down this heritage.

I believe in the tight to believe as you want but I do not feel that religion should have any part in the legislation of our laws.

The strong argument could be made that ideologies, humanism, moral relativism, and even anarchy are religions.

We ALL worship something, whether it be a god, philosophy, ideology, money, power, pantheism, sex, hedonism... the largest of them all, the worship of "self".

You never answered my question
I. Will answer as I see it. Without Christ Christianity could not exist. Jesus is known supposedly to preach sermons and teach his followers what he wanted them to know. To me this te definition of being religous. Christ is part of the holy trinity which is the foundation of Christianity. He is part of religion which him religous entity.

Religion is techincally a works based effort where one's efforts and good behavior or deeds merit favor with God. This is diametrically opposed the teachings of Christ. He did more than preach sermons. Even the Jews who hated Him said it is not for raising people from the dead, or healing people blind from birth that cause them to despise Him, and seek to kill Him, but rather the fact He claimed to be God.

So with that in mind, and based upon the fact there is more historical evidence proving Christ was a historical figure that there is proving people such as Plato ever existed, then what is your beef with people who choose to accept Him?

You said it is a crutch...as if only weak minded would believe, and with that you speak a partial truth. And the truth is Christ said He did not come for the healthy, or the self-righteous, but rather for thise who recognize their failure, those who are sick and sinful.

The Pharisees were religious...they didn't need Him either because the had the law...and they were without sin as they crucified their Creator.
You make the base assumption that religion is based or tied to Christianity. Christianity is only one type of religion but certainly is only one of many religions.

I actually have nothing against christianity until people start using it to make rules for others that dont believe in it. Kind of like gun control advocates making rules and forcing it down the 2a throats. Same principal forcing ones beliefs on others.

I actually have nothing against christianity until people start using it to make rules for others that dont believe in it. Kind of like gun control advocates making rules and forcing it down the 2a throats. Same principal forcing ones beliefs on others.

My problem (among many) with the "religion" of Christianity, being a Christian is that nowhere in any of the multiple bible versions that I have read and studied did Jesus claim to be God, but he DID claim to be the only begotten son of God, and THAT is what drove the Pharisees and Sadducees bat-guano insane-crazy-pizzed... if some schmuck came up to you and claimed to be god, you'd think he's a loon and tell him to take a hike... no different then as is today. "Religion" extrapolated that over several hundred years and made Christ into some three-headed god. I'll have none of that. o_O

Last Edited:
The founding fathers were religious men and encouraged religious beliefs. At the same time they made it clear that there would not be a single state sanctioned religion to the exclusion of other religions as in Europe. A lot of the original colonists came here to escape the religious persecution they experienced in Europe. The government did use certain symbols and rituals of the Christian religion such as swearing on a Bible or the "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance. I see nothing wrong with this. I am not particularly religious but I do believe in God and Jesus. And I do not like people trying to tear down this heritage.

Under God was not added until 1954. As I heard it, it was added during the times that communism was causing great fear in America.
Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America

As far as I'm concerned, the Pledge of Allegiance should still be recited in schools, and elsewhere perhaps. And because of all the various religions practicing in America the words "Under God" should be removed and the Pledge recited as it was originally written.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top