JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
... I know it is OLD and TIRED ... but so true.... "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished." Seriously. Every time I go out of my way to help others I have got crapped on.

It is engrained in me to help others it is a hard reaction to suppress.

... I know it is OLD and TIRED ... but so true.... "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished." Seriously. Every time I go out of my way to help others I have got crapped on.

It is engrained in me to help others it is a hard reaction to suppress.
Sadly its getting worse over time due to the "entitlement"attitude that has been ingrained into society for a good while now. I know its easy said than done but, try not to just give up. There are always some out there who really do just need some help, and are actually willing to work. One place I work they just hired a "kid" who is not 18 yet. HARD worker. First day here he pulled a 16 hour shift. Wife FREAKED out as this is not legal. Had to go tell his boss its great the kid wants to work but he has to limit it to 8 for now. Not to many teens up here who would show up, much less work that hard. So have to guess this one was raised right :D

Was homeless around twenty years old. Lived in a VW 1961 van with an buddy who STILL lives in it, back then with two dogs.
We often would go a few days w/o food, broke 'AF' as the kids say. Visited many CA beaches. All we had was my deceased father's Shell CC.

Perhaps that is why I've always had a soft spot for the homeless. No doubt - 90% are complete jerks. It is the 10% that really deserve a break. We were never jerks or slobs and always polite and considerate to others.

Funny that my friend's van is probably worth $120k now; one of those sought after models with all windows, forget the name.
He still craves the van life even though he's held down good jobs over the years.

If you ever feel like helping a homeless person out do it in person. Don't give to corporate charities. Most are horrible scams that enrich 'board members' and the like, not people in need.

Would love to tool up to my buddy in something like this (listed on Ebay now) 40 years later. Never have desired a giant McMansion, a wife or kids.
A prison. (haha).

View attachment 1235235

I think the VW is referred to as "21 window"

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA