JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Driving to Eugene yesterday on I-5 and a few miles before my exit a guy on the right shoulder is hurling rocks into traffic. There's a stocky middle age guy throwing his hands up. I thought he might be flagging traffic for something, then I see 3 good sized projectiles fly in the air.

One was arching towards my windshield so I sped up and catch at least one on the roof. Sounded like two but only one mark. I called 911 and they dispatched someone. That cop called back in 30 mins or so. Four other people reported the same thing.

I checked for damage and I only saw a scuff on the roof. I just washed it before I left home. I informed the cop I only saw the scuff. He was pretty deadpan in speaking so I don't know what happened afterwards. I was at my appointment so didn't get into details. Potentially it was bad but lucky for me it was minimal damage.

Driving to Eugene yesterday on I-5 and a few miles before my exit a guy on the right shoulder is hurling rocks into traffic. There's a stocky middle age guy throwing his hands up. I thought he might be flagging traffic for something, then I see 3 good sized projectiles fly in the air.

One was arching towards my windshield so I sped up and catch at least one on the roof. Sounded like two but only one mark. I called 911 and they dispatched someone. That cop called back in 30 mins or so. Four other people reported the same thing.

I checked for damage and I only saw a scuff on the roof. I just washed it before I left home. I informed the cop I only saw the scuff. He was pretty deadpan in speaking so I don't know what happened afterwards. I was at my appointment so didn't get into details. Potentially it was bad but lucky for me it was minimal damage.
Luck of the day for you!
Congratulations for being a defensive, aware driver. That could have been a multi car pile up & untold friking injuries & or deaths. LE has to be trained to keep emotions in check, I don't want anyone showing up more pissed than me.
I want someone who can shot straighter & at the least, notify the family where to gather the remains.
Peace thru superior firepower! Amen!

I called the cops on another scumbag doing the same thing on 205 by the OC exit. They nabbed him, no clue what happened to him but I'm sure it wasn't much beyond a slap on the wrist.
It's Oregon . so he probably was just processed and released . Oregon minimum demands for taking an interest, are that a person have a job and a checking account for chipping-in some-$$$ for bail, lawyer and revenue/fine . They dont care unless there is leverage for adding-$$ to accounts receivable .

We recently had a similar situation in Seattle where I-90 and I-5 meet. On multiple occasions rocks were dropped from an overpass onto I-90, usually occurred at night. Eventually the person was caught, lived in a nearby homeless encampment.

Going down MLK BLVD by OMSI (sh!t hole) picking up product for work and a "housless" male runs into the middle of the street, puts a golf ball on the pavement and hits it with his golf club directly at oncoming traffic. Not sure if it made contact with anyone…. I do know it missed my work vehicle by about a foot.

I didn't call the cops cause there is absolutely no point and is a complete waist of my time, energy, or oxygen.

Going down MLK BLVD by OMSI (sh!t hole) picking up product for work and a "housless" male runs into the middle of the street, puts a golf ball on the pavement and hits it with his golf club directly at oncoming traffic. Not sure if it made contact with anyone…. I do know it missed my work vehicle by about a foot.

I didn't call the cops cause there is absolutely no point and is a complete waist of my time, energy, or oxygen.
Probably an out of work abortion doctor. Pretty simple really.

If only you had known ahead, you could have told the officer, "Some guy throwing rocks ran into my vehicle. Then went under it."

One thing about the guy, at a glance, he didn't look disheveled or like a crack-head. He looked like a middle aged man with car trouble.

Actually on the way home I pass Camp 47 (homeless camp on hwy 47 in Forest Grove). There was a adult male riding a BMX bike holding a long stem rose.

What's wrong with people? One grown bubblegum man out in BFE tossing rocks in traffic and another grown bubblegum man riding a baby bike trying to throw down some romance at a homeless camp. Do they know they're crazy?

This is why you carry a full auto paintball gun in your car with a couple tanks of CO2 and plenty of paintballs. Dial up the pressure and you could have absolutely laced that guy 🤣😂. The great thing is, you can deliver curbside justice to these idiots and not have to worry about getting in any trouble

One thing about the guy, at a glance, he didn't look disheveled or like a crack-head. He looked like a middle aged man with car trouble.

Actually on the way home I pass Camp 47 (homeless camp on hwy 47 in Forest Grove). There was a adult male riding a BMX bike holding a long stem rose.

What's wrong with people? One grown bubblegum man out in BFE tossing rocks in traffic and another grown bubblegum man riding a baby bike trying to throw down some romance at a homeless camp. Do they know they're crazy?
Hey, bums and winos need love too.

maxresdefault.jpg

Regrettably now, as a little brat about 8-9 years old I would pitch pennies and rocks off overpasses. Once a bucket of water, bucket and all. Tires found would get rolled onto I5. Never wouldn't stick around to access damage and looking back in self judgement that was probably one of my more minor offenses. Always had an escape route plotted via my bicycle. Problem Child movie = pretty much me.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews