JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife and children are down at my father's house for a family gathering. Whilst "face timing" last night, I spied this rifle behind said family. I plan to ask my father about it sometime, but am curious if anyone knows:

• What this is? (Looks like a Winchester 1876 to my eyes.)
  • If it is a real rifle? (My father is a shooter too, but doesn't maintain a large collection.)
Thanks. :)

l1.jpg

l2.jpg

Looks more like an 1866 as the 1876 had side plates not a solid receiver.

Looks like a replica to me. All of the edge wear and fading is perfectly even, no spots and no discoloration where a person's sweaty hand would have carried it.

Also, the barrel and mag tube usually wear much differently than the receiver, these are exactly the same color. Probably a spray on flat gray finish.

Thanks guys; my father normally tells me about new gun acquisitions and we both share a strong fondness for all things lever-gun, so I was surprised by that one. If it is merely decorative, that would explain his radio silence.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top