JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife and children are down at my father's house for a family gathering. Whilst "face timing" last night, I spied this rifle behind said family. I plan to ask my father about it sometime, but am curious if anyone knows:

• What this is? (Looks like a Winchester 1876 to my eyes.)
  • If it is a real rifle? (My father is a shooter too, but doesn't maintain a large collection.)
Thanks. :)

l1.jpg

l2.jpg

Looks more like an 1866 as the 1876 had side plates not a solid receiver.

Looks like a replica to me. All of the edge wear and fading is perfectly even, no spots and no discoloration where a person's sweaty hand would have carried it.

Also, the barrel and mag tube usually wear much differently than the receiver, these are exactly the same color. Probably a spray on flat gray finish.

Thanks guys; my father normally tells me about new gun acquisitions and we both share a strong fondness for all things lever-gun, so I was surprised by that one. If it is merely decorative, that would explain his radio silence.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top